This last patch has made the game almost unplayable.

When Wintersday came out, things were working just fine. Had decent FPS and was able to play the game just fine. In came the latest patch and now, whenever I move my mouse around, I get a fairly large FPS drop. If I move the camera around, my FPS will often drop down into the single digits for a while before returning back to its previous levels. This behavior occurs everywhere from open world, to instanced content (dungeons, fractals, home instance, story, etc.), to even having huge FPS drops just moving the world map around.

My computer has the latest video card drivers and whatnot. The only thing that changed between working fine to the current problem is the latest patch. I seem to recall this happening last year too. ANet released a patch and performance was super crappy and then later released another patch which fixed whatever it was they broke.

same here mate. Its just UNPLAYABLE. This must be fix soon!!! I want to play properly with my brand new gaming pc. Finally I can play this game(my last pc was garbage) and then this issue happens. I'm mad. I'm very mad because it's out of my hands.It's not the pc, it's the game, YOUR game, Anet. Please fix this soon. We will keep posting about the issue till it's fixed...

Archived