My idea for a fix of WvW

Baroness.9506

Firstly, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays etc etc!

There has been much discussion about stacked servers on NA and im sure on EU too. There is always discussion about WvW being a neglected game mode. I have a couple ideas to roll out, in my mind this wouldnt make WvW perfect, but it would be a good damn fix to the current system we have at the moment.

So heres some of the ideas i have, and they wont appeal to everyone, and none of them may appeal to anyone...

1. Open ALL servers.
  2. Give every account a one free move pass.
  3. Make it transparent how many players are allowed on each WvW map.
  4. Reduce numbers, for example;

EB BG - Total of 50 players from EACH server.Alpine BL - Total of 30 players from EACH server.Desert BL - Total of 50 players from EACH server.(these numbers are just an example)(I see this as a remedy for the currently overstacked servers. If you bandwagon to BG for example, then be prepared to spend extra time in que as opposed to a lower tier server who has less of a population, but also has the same chance as any other server to field the same amounts on each map)

1. Reduce amount of siege that can be placed on entire map so there isnt 10 AC's, 3 catas, 2 trebs etc etc in each tower ;/
  2. To compensate for less siege placement, strengthen some of the damage outputs so siege still remains affective.
  3. Reduce siege refresh time from 1 hour to like 20 minutes. So tards who place 50g worth of siege need to actually run around and refresh instead of sit there idle and get pips.
  4. Go back to the old system of swords dont show on assets if there is 5 or less players in the vicinity of the attack. When this was the case, it was a golden time for ninja groups and also forced scouts to do some work instead of just sit idle and wait for swords to pop up and respond.
  5. Increase damage from hitting 5 people to 10, its just obsurd to see organised guilds in select groups charge into a 50 man blob with 15 and not even get damaged beyond 90% of their life. The extra damage output hitting more people should hopefully make it harder for guilds to sustain simply by stacking and healing as well as also provide more bags making it more rewarded for players which in turn encourages players to come to WvW instead of do a fractal or dungeon for 10 minutes and get imba rewards? Also will help in people quests to tag more so they can get Ultimate Dominator.
  6. Add a NEW map! Actually make an effort to produce a map that is going to take some effort in strategy. I love desert BL, but it shows from desert BL and EOTM that Anet goes for quantity and not quality.

I guess after playing GW2 since beta I have seen WvW rise and fall just as servers have. I find it a shame that this game mode is so neglected. It would be lovely to see some real effort put in to hopefully making WvW an aggressive/action orientated mode instead of the current meta which is get yourself up to level 6 and idle to get pips.

I would love to see servers able to field the same numbers on maps whether they are in tier 4 or in tier 1. Through this equality, I would love to see each and every server have the opportunity to defend/offend against each other instead of the lesser server sitting inside an asset on a squillion AC's and hoping they can defend against the mega blob knocking on their door.

Taking 30 on alpine as an example. 10 sitting in spawns rolling down their pips, 5 from the enemy server parking alts, leaves a total of 15 to cover an entire map. 8 are following the comm, 7 are wandering around aimlessly.

Doesn't really sound like much fun...

Scouting isn't fun. You get nothing for it 99% of the time, your participation drops to zero (or doesn't even start), you miss out on all the fights, etc. Every structure should have a NPC 'scout' in it that shows that a structure is under attack when damage is done to the gates or walls (one cata or treb or ram's worth). Waypoints should not get contested nor swords, etc appear if some random thief waves vaguely in the direction of a guard.

For them to put some effort in, there would first have to be a wvw dev.

@"Baroness.9506" said:I would love to see servers able to field the same numbers on maps whether they are in tier 4 or in tier 1. Through this equality, I would love to see each and every server have the opportunity to defend/offend against each other instead of the lesser server sitting inside an asset on a squillion AC's and hoping they can defend against the mega blob knocking on their door.

See, this is actually the problem as WvW was better before the T1 firewall fell. That was when the Dev's began their quest to squeeze Worlds down smaller and smaller. Which hasn't felt good for anyone on the larger worlds who want large scale combat. That's why WvW tiers should provide DIFFERENT plays styles and not be equalized and monolithic. This way WvW accommodates more player preferences which made for a greater volume of happy players. What worked best was when T1 was for large scale combat and organized PPT play. T2 was the "fight tier" were guild groups could fight and gvg and not worry about OT'ing, defending, and PPT. T3 down was for small groups, roaming, and non organized play. That worked well but, this one size fits all approach we've had now has been failing for two years. The squeezing of populations so the Dev's can Lord over us and make our teams is failing.

What I do agree with is opening Worlds. The Dev's need to give players back control. It will restore some level of competition and feel so much better than being placed around by the devs.

btw 30 on a home bl vs 100 isn't going to end well. NA prime will roll around and everyone will just bail on home bl. Which is a shame as Lord room battles lasting hours were way more fun than we have now. Bannering the Lord should have been kept.

Archived