Constant Quest Disconnects makes game progression unplayable.

This is getting out of hand, no matter what I do, online fixes or anything, trying to do any story mission quests will always disconnect me at the exact same spots right after the same cut scenes. Unless some miracle allows me to finish under 5 minutes ,soloing or with a party, from starting it. This is pretty much every quest that loads you into an instant based map. Worst part, is that it makes you replay from the very begging every time.

Tried: Reinstalling, Shortcut repair, Port changes, file deletion, graphic/sound setting changes, closing everything on my pc, updating everything..etc.

Returning player from day 1 of the original GW series, I love playing this game series for the lore and story, but man this is making me rip my hair out.. lol.

Some info or help would be great if anyone was able to get around these problems. Already posted in the bug section.

Are you sure it's not your connection? I'm asking because I used to have the exact same problem and had a bug thread about it in the old forums. I got disconnected from story instances during the dialogue parts over and over again, I often wasted hours on one story mission. I even used the clientport thing someone mentioned in my old thread, it didn't help. But then I ended up with an other ISP in August and I haven't had a single disconnection or ping spike since then, I can finally do story missions on release day and even go afk in there for 10 minutes and still no dc.

@Mea.5491 said:Are you sure it's not your connection? I'm asking because I used to have the exact same problem and had a bug thread about it in the old forums. I got disconnected from story instances during the dialogue parts over and over again, I often wasted hours on one story mission. I even used the clientport thing someone mentioned in my old thread, it didn't help. But then I ended up with an other ISP in August and I haven't had a single disconnection or ping spike since then, I can finally do story missions on release day and even go afk in there for 10 minutes and still no dc.

Even if it was, I have no idea how to fix it.Never had this problem before, with any game in that matter.I normally play GW2 all day with zero problems, until I try to do the story missions.I had stopped playing for about half a year just before the HoT expansion came out. Nothing changed in terms of my PC/Internet. Had zero problems.Ive done all the normal tests/fixes for all my routers and modems (Have multiple, and tried swapping. lol) and factory resting them.Even tried using a VPN. Same result.

Currently with TWC...or Spectrum now.Have a constant 300mbps+ Download and 150mbs+ Upload on a hardline connection.Dont think ive ever seen my ping go past maybe.. 65ms on any game. Average 40-48 on heavy WvW loads.Solid 120fps+ at max (tried different settings already)

PC Specs:Evga Gtx 1070 FTWIntel I7-6700Asus B150 Pro MB850w PS - Evga SN Gold16gb Rams - GS - 2x 8 gb DDR4 2133

If you're disconnecting in the story, and you aren't normally getting disconnected outside of it, I've heard of 2 causes. One is a network problem that can be fixed with a VPN, while the other is a graphics problem.

As a simple test, rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, open the NVidia control panel and specifically configure Gw2-64.exe as a 3D application. Under GW2's graphics options, set the frame limiter to 30 FPS to start, which you can later up to 60 or use vertical sync instead. Also try disabling your motherboard's integrated graphics, especially if you're not using it.

As an alternative, some have found success in using the 32-bit client. If you want to try it, download the 32-bit version of Gw2Setup.exe and rename it to Gw2.exe, then use the -32 option, otherwise it'll automatically swap to the 64-bit version. Only use this for the story, as you'll hit the memory limitation after a few hours in newer content.

@Healix.5819 said:If you're disconnecting in the story, and you aren't normally getting disconnected outside of it, I've heard of 2 causes. One is a network problem that can be fixed with a VPN, while the other is a graphics problem.

As a simple test, rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, open the NVidia control panel and specifically configure Gw2-64.exe as a 3D application. Under GW2's graphics options, set the frame limiter to 30 FPS to start, which you can later up to 60 or use vertical sync instead. Also try disabling your motherboard's integrated graphics, especially if you're not using it.

As an alternative, some have found success in using the 32-bit client. If you want to try it, download the 32-bit version of Gw2Setup.exe and rename it to Gw2.exe, then use the -32 option, otherwise it'll automatically swap to the 64-bit version. Only use this for the story, as you'll hit the memory limitation after a few hours in newer content.

Nothing seems to be working, all leading the the same exact spots during a mission. Right after the same cut scene or mid way during character dialogue.

Tried multiple VPNs. Same result.

Tested connection on different networks. Including: At&t, Spectrum, Verzion(tether), At&t (tether), Sprint (tether). No Nice.

Part 2: Still nothing. Even tried swapping and completely removing any Nvidia programs and replace/install AMD products. Inculding GPUs. Even tried using the basic integrated graphics (lol). No changes on .exe changes or limiters.

Part 3: 32 bit yields the same result.

Also tried combinations of what i could, only to end up giving up and banging my head on my desk from disconnecting at the same spot over and over . lol

All you can really do is try to rule everything out, essentially by disabling/removing everything except the bare minimum, and if possible, swapping what you can't, like a secondary PSU. If you had another PC, you could quickly test it.

Update your motherboard's BIOS if necessary. Under the BIOS, confirm that the memory timings are configured properly based on the manufacturer's recommendations. Disable any overclocking and try disabling Intel's turbo boost, hyper threading and virtualization features.

I doubt it'll show anything, but after a disconnect, look in the Windows event viewer for anything. You've already ruled out the network adapter by tethering, but a problem I've heard about is it resetting under load, which can be caused by faulty hardware or drivers. Some adapter drives come with optional configuration features that can cause problems for example, such as power saving or bandwidth-sensing features.

Windows 10? Disable the xbox app / game bar / recording / game mode. Disable NVidia's overlay and shadowplay. Try running GW2 with Windows 7 compatibility mode as an administrator.

Spare drive? Unplug every other drive and quickly test a clean install of Windows, preferably not W10.

Try windowed mode (so you can see your desktop) and run GPU-Z in the background, having it run a render test (next to bus interface). For reference, the graphics problem I heard about was theorized to be caused by unstable voltages due to GW2 dropping its GPU activity during cinematics, then spiking afterwards. You can check the sensors tab for anything suspicious, noting that the render test should keep the GPU active.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived