Infinite loading screen when switching maps

This is a very serious problem.

I get this on average 1 in 4 loading screens.

If you have the -maploadinfo switch in your shortcut, you will notice that when this 'infinite loading screen' takes place when the MapLoadState gets stuck at STATE_SERVER_WAIT, and does not progress from there.

This started to happen after the move to the Amazon servers and has nothing to do with the installation

Started happening with last week's patch, and it is hugely annoying. Those toons stuck in the loading screen shows 0% map completion in the character selection screen so it must be on Anet's end, and no, restarting the client doesn't really fix it. Often I can't even join instances where other people are in it (dungeons etc).

I'm still facing this issue, the game has become completely unplayable for me i can't even log onto any of my toons, everytime i try and load into game i get this error code=5:11:3:159:101I've tried contacting support by sending them 2 separate tickets over the past 2 days yet they haven't replied to either of them.I've contacted my ISP and they contacted the server to see what the issue was and they said it works fine for them so the issue is definitely on ANET's part. I can only play the game when there are a lot of people online, if not then my characters just get stuck on the loading screens.ANET PLS FIX!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this problem too now... I read at comments dating back to january and this is still on? .... Started about 1 or 2 week ago, I would say at the same time as an update... Whenever I switch zone, sound changes to the zone, I can move my mouse around and it reacts to stuff around my character... I can jump (I hear my character doing the humpf sound) but all I see is a loading screen... It's 100% of the time!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i have this loading screen stuck problem too ... i am struggling with this bug for 1 month now i did a lot of things to resolve the issue but it seems this problem isn't in my side but Anet side...i did following stuff :1.Uninstall and reinstall the game.2.unplugged and plugged modem and router.3.called my internet provider company(they responded that there is no problem in my connection).4.i tried opening the game with vpn which didn't work as well.5.i sent a ticket for Anet to help and they helped me with various ways but no result.6.reinstalled a new windows.7.updated all necessary drivers for windows.8.killed unnecessary programs.9.repaired the game client.10......and still this bug resist so hard against all of my doings....and don't know what to do anymore.

Archived