[PVE} A few Holosmith questions (build/rotation/design)

Omnicron.2467

Hey! These questions are on somewhat differnt topics, but I did not feel like making three threads. I am really loving my Holosmith but there are a few things that bug me or that I am unsure of.

1. I know there was some discussion around this at the launch of PoF, but did we ever get an asnwer as to why only sword has heat levels? I really love using my rifle, and while I do not think it would change things dramatically, it makes it better flavour and helps with the DPS while photon forge is on cooldown. Why can Mirage get ambush on all weapons but I cannot get heat levels on all my weapons?

2. When I am running open world I like running Alchemy as my traits and I use the Elixer for healing, which then also removes conditions. In a team however I will rely more on others players and focus on pure damage taking Firearms, Explosives, & Holosmith. What is the Healing skill of choice here? AED does look interesting, and more often than not I am in a situation I can make use of the ability in team fights. The Coolant Spray also looks really good, but I have no condi clease apart from the cauterise unless I make use of light fields & finishers. Then there is the Healing turret I have been trying to to use, which is great I would think for Raids where you stack and it also healps the team, but in high mobility fights I struggle with it.

3. In terms of rotation, once I am done with using all my skills and I am waiting for Photon Forge to come off cooldown, I am pretty much stuck with rifle AA, should I swap to bombs or grenades for better damage in this phase?

Thanks a lot :)

Don't know, I believe the only thing we got from Anet was this wasn't planned. Nearly every post regarding this issue since PoF launch agrees with you. At this point don't count on it.

Healing Turret is still king 90% of the time.

In this, Holosmith is no different than any other Engi build. Rifle auto is bad, don't use it. After you cycle through the skills that are more damage than autos use Bombs for power, Nades for condi. Given the right build you can auto with sword instead of bombs.

Holosmith might stacking build, I'd say this is about standard.-Alchemy 2-2-1-Firearms 2-3-3-holosmith 2-1-1Have lazer disc on your utilities and when over 50% heat turn it on the slicer stacks might, I always like to dodge roll for venting, helps you do a wee bit of dmg and does some in combat life regen.I like to drink elixer B on the on/off cycle Maybe have elixer b consume on the off side and Elixer U when you turn on holo form might be a good dps boost.

Archived