Why does a teammate dcing in a placement match...

HeadCrowned.6834

I don't understand why people keep failing to understand this ... despite constant responses from the Devs on this exact point every single season.

TO BE CLEAR

It may count as a loss on the UI, BUT IT DOES NOT COUNT AS A LOSS FOR RANKING/ PLACEMENT PURPOSESYou will lose 0 rating and your volatility will remain the same. Effectively you will gain 11 placement matches and the 1 with a DC will not count for anything at all.

It really is annoying to see these posts over and over again.Please read the forums.

@Meteor.3720 said:I don't understand why people keep failing to understand this ... despite constant responses from the Devs on this exact point every single season.

TO BE CLEAR

It may count as a loss on the UI, BUT IT DOES NOT COUNT AS A LOSS FOR RANKING/ PLACEMENT PURPOSESYou will lose 0 rating and your volatility will remain the same. Effectively you will gain 11 placement matches and the 1 with a DC will not count for anything at all.

It really is annoying to see these posts over and over again.Please read the forums.

Is there an exact location besides some random forum topics where you can find this info? If not; theres your answer. If yes; my bad.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/24879/please-qualifying-match-fix-now#latestSee comment by Cal

And I think it has just been on forum posts, but on multiple forum posts over multiple past seasons.

It's not been a secret or hard to find. People just seem to think they're the only one who's noticed this and their problem is unique, rather than searching for answers to the problem first.

@"Meteor.3720" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/24879/please-qualifying-match-fix-now#latestSee comment by Cal

And I think it has just been on forum posts, but on multiple forum posts over multiple past seasons.

It's not been a secret or hard to find. People just seem to think they're the only one who's noticed this and their problem is unique, rather than searching for answers to the problem first.

There should be a standard rule section somewhere, or on the wiki even. Its just bad if it is only mentioned in 1 or 2 forum posts. If it is clear how that dcing system works, no one would ask on the forums.

Archived