Recommend me the cheapest desktop computer to play guild wars 2 only.

Dnyel.5620

Do you have a hard drive/copy of windows you can reuse? Those will have a huge impact on what you can build. If you can get Windows for free through your school or something, definitely do that.

You have DDR3 RAM, which is good, but that means that you can't really buy new parts for it. If you're willing to buy used you could pretty easily get a computer that will handle GW2 just fine.

i3-3220+motherboard: Maybe $75-80?GTX 760 or HD 6950 or similar: $40-50PSU: $20-25, maybe new (400-450W)

HDD (If you need it): $40Windows: (If you need it): $90

Comes to $285 with Windows and an HDD, $155 without them. If you don't need them, you can get a locked IB i5 for not a ton of money, maybe like $100 for one and a motherboard (maybe less) and push for a GTX 770 or 7970/280x which will provide a great experience (higher settings without an issue)

If you just barely want to scrape by, you can dig on Craigslist for any LGA775 computer with space for a GPU, then get a PSU for $20-25, a C2Q Q6600 or whatever for $15 off eBay, and a GPU for $40-50 and call it a day. You can do much better for not much more money, though.

Archived