Brandstone Multitool not working

So I am later than most people, clearly. But I got my Brandstone Multitool, and I have upgraded it to have all 5 abilities.

Today a Brandstone struck the ground not so far from the Akili quest area, so I cleared out the mobs and started using skill 3 .... absolutely nothing happened. Over and over, with skill 3 ... nothing, nothing and more nothing, until the node simply disappeared from the map. No crystal every formed and nothing was gatherable.

Skill 5, the one that marks the map is also buggy. It failed to work during a previous meteorite strike, but it worked this time. Trouble is, nobody seems to care or maybe so many people are simply unaware of the content.

So I find myself asking ... has the content been disabled? Or is it bugged?

You needed to use the skill one - 'Use when within proximity to a Brandstone impact site to direct you toward an extractable chunk.'Then skill two- 'Use to surface a buried Brandstone chunk so it can be mined.'Then skill 3- 'Use in replacement of a mining tool to extract Kralkatite from Brandstones and keep their gems intact.

No crystal formed because you didn't use the skills to find/surface them. You tried to skip the finding/Surfacing.

Thank you for the clarification.

I guess I have 2 problems then ...

1) Why must the game designers make simple content so complicated?2) And why do the content creators (i.e. Youtube) present such conflicting or wrong information about how you harvest the ore? I have looked all over Youtube and the only Brandstone mining content shows massive crystals out of the ground, people spamming skill 3 and/or weapon damage and getting loads of loot. None of these videos show people using skill 1 to find tiny chunks that they can mine for a measley 2 powdered whatever.

So, there is one Brandstone impact site that does do that. The one to the west of the Great Hall is always the kind of Brandstone that you've described. Most others, however, are of the kind you need to 1 > 2 > 3 chain to get the loot. And if you're getting low rewards, remember that Skill 5, Impact Site Marker, increases the rewards per stack, so wait until 4 or 5 stacks before you start surfacing and mining. Just don't let too much time pass for it to despawn on you.

Archived