Dear Anet Developers (From your most severe cynical crittic)

Taltevus.3289

As a mesmer main. I appreciate the work and the re-work. I've said a lot of mean, abbrasive things about a lot of you BUT I actually want to say Good effing job.I haven't explored the full NEW possibilities with the rework HOWEVER...

1. Thank you for realizing synergy is a good thing forcing player choice. There currently exist a build that I want BUT this really put Chrono and Base Mesmer in the same bracket. There is definitely some serious decision making when picking traits. The tension from, "should I choose this trait or this trait", I think is healthy and personally enjoyable.
  2. I sincerely hope you've used this kind of trait arrangement for the other professions. The counter balance of traits in the lines seems better...and makes the trait lines system desirable. This is a good thing. Again I sincerely hope...this kind of thought is coming down the pipeline for other professions. I don't have to work about severely broken builds because of too many misplacement of traits that don't add up. Good call on the might source reduction...I was worried at first...but I see now. Don't need to swipe it from warriors and engies.
  3. I was really really REALLY hesitant and generally uneasy about the chronomancer adjustments and my heart sank with alacrity BUT under this new system the focus can be more centralized about C. Split & Shift and shatters and the Mesmer mechanic in general. It feels good...Memser makes more sense.
  4. I will always have a special place for phantasms and while they no longer hang around this was a very VERY cunning way to deal with Phantasms...they are here and they do their job and then they bounce out. I spent a lot of time trying to make a phantasm shatter build and it worked BUT very touch and go. Nonetheless. Really Great work.
  5. Mesmer in general feels like Mesmer and Chronomancer feels like a direct augmentation of that they don't feel like entirely two different classes. This is GREAT; consolidating the image of a Mesmer as an entire profession. I don't have Mirage so...I can't speak for it but I assume they are going to be VERY hard to catch if played like traditional memsers. I love the dependency on the profession mechanics.

I am not saying what is hitting hard or not hard enough. No one is going to know...everyone is experimenting...or lots of people. But, opening the doors for clean power mesmer, chrono, That's not the stealth burst is a large piece of in game heaven. I don't have and am not sold on PoF YET but more patches like this might change that. While I am mainly speaking from a standpoint of PvP I have a slight interest in revisiting PVE JUST to see what it's like....--I digress not sure if things are hitting too hard but the mechanic feels really REALLY good to play.

Mindwrack definitely feels really dangerous now...and I think it is also a LOT harder to see coming. Even just one of them.Rumor has it PU is back and I am not averse to it I think it may become overkill with the stealth duration becasue of how Mesmer works now. I definitely like skill dependent effects. Clone gen on stealth. Nice touch.

All this said from someone who decided to take a personal boycott against gw2 becasue of it's direction might have a change of heart. Great work and I hope the same amount of _____ used to make this rework goes into maintenance for it in the future.

What are everyone's feelings on their patch-notes. Nothing super class specific but just the direction if anything was majorly changed? I've seen some humble and grumble...but just cause specific builds (think) were clipped?

Archived