So that shade obstructed message...

I know Anet doesn't want to call this a bug, and went as far as to say people don't find it fun being hit by shades on top of walls (yet somehow nearly every other skill in the game is allowed to).... I think now it's safe to say this obstructed message is a bug and needs to be reverted to it's old LoS.

Fighting Tequatl earlier and I spend 3/4 of the burn phase trying to find a spot to stand in so the shade could score a hit. Yes, I was getting repeated obstructed messages from this giant dragon standing in front of me. This obviously isn't intended but it obviously isn't fixable unless it's reverted back to the way it used to be. One could possibly argue if there was a tree in the way, or a tactivator (yes even that causes the message too), but a giant dragon?

This needs to be addressed ASAP, because if it's happening in places like Tequatl, where else is it happening where it clearly shouldn't be?

Edit to this - This obstructed message is also appearing while attacking the vines during the AB meta.

It is very annoying, and figures that it still occurs often. I hadn't played scourge much the past coupld weeks. But something I have noticed in wvw, that made me wonder if they had changed the shades is that I have been hit on walls by shades when it otherwise should have been obstructed. But you are confirming that it still is getting obstructed all the time.

Archived