Roaming WvW Build conundrum

Lord Pain.3480

Hello all. I've been theory crafting some builds for a roaming WvW d/d ele with the help of the metabattle d/d build as well as a build from a youtuber I found. I don't have all the ascended gear that those builds require so I did my best to create them with exotics but with that comes some sacrifices. I would like to know which you guys believe is the better build. Each one uses different trait lines as well but separate that from your stat/gear comparison if you would like to comment on that.

First Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYgcMssBYErgMwIY4BEAKgu71/6hF-jFDEABuoCSH6BYSpRvKz4XFiwMzUy+D9rWQLqK8wDAAgTAwWKBJFgeKjA-w

Second Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYgcMMQAYUW4IEFq1QSsMEFgAQQE-j1CBQBJwMDWUaoKVIIiqKnRJ4GeAAA4EAsC9AJTZG/2fIhqFQKgMXGB-w

The first build has better overall stats as well as the ability to keep the bloodlust sigil. If this build is the better build in your opinion, should i keep bloodlust or add in a sigil of accuracy instead to boost my crit chance?

The second build loses some stats overall (particularly power when not attuned to fire) as well as crit chance. I attempted to remedy this by dropping the bloodlust sigil for the accuracy sigil. The plus side to this build is it has about 40% boon duration and an extra 10% damage reduction. Are those sacrifices worth the added boon duration and damage reduction?

Please let me know your thoughts on which is the better build as well as your thoughts on the one you chose individually. This is for ROAMING in wvw so small scale fights such as 1v1s, 2v2s or small outnumbered fights like 1v2s and 2v3's.

The WET build will be the more forgiving of the two trait wise, but maybe less damage potential. The nomads trinkets really hurt you as they bring no offensive stats where you get the most stats from (trinkets). Stats might be low in spots, but you have to test that for your use.

Better is a question of use and preference, if this is the gear you've got I'd suggest just playing both builds traits and seeing what works for you and swapping in ascended trinkets as you can get them through drops or skirmish tickets. The crystal desert reward track will give you exotic armor that you can choose any stat in the game.

I wouldnt use tempest at all for solo roaming. The whole point of ele in pvp is quickly swapping attunements and using the most effective skills for certain situation, whether it's nuke, heal, blast, invuln, mobility etc. Staying in attunement for 4 seconds and overloading it makes you a sitting duck for like 8 seconds, which is very bad for solo roaming. Overloads are also very weak and barely have any impact on enemies. Tempest traits also dont give you anything significant (compared to arcane for example) besides stronger protection. This build, however, can be very strong in group setup, but then you wouldnt need any damage focused stats, so you can focus purely on healing and support.

Core build seems a lot better. I would just use marauder instead of assassin and valkyrie, and swap accuracy sigil for something else. You can also take soothing power trait if you're not fighting condi class and change fire grandmaster for better fury/might uptime, depending whats lacking the most.

Archived