Question to high ranking pvp players

ZeftheWicked.3076

Although i pvp a lot, i'm by no means a good player. Staying steadily in silver with my core necro. That being said since i do tourneys (to grind gold) and I do run into plat teams.My observation from it all is that it seems balance is completely outta whack with dps being everything. Things like fresh air ele, burst mesmer, and thief being staple.

Is that just what i run into, or that's exactly what happens up there with dps being king all else worthless?

By all means I'm not a high rank player, but I guess the higher you go, players know better when/what to evade/cleanse/heal, better positioning, better disengaging, better focusing, better timing, etc. Being mechanically better they can afford to spend less on defensive gear/stats/traits. Mistakes are less forgiving so you don't want prolonged fights so generally killing faster is better. Just my 2c.

Since fb got nerfed no class can sustain being focused in the teamfight. It makes sense to run max burst so you kill the enemy before they kill you.

There is no point in being a bruiser anymore. We're in a meta now where 1v2 is guaranteed instant death vs good teams (except maybe druid). Every second a class delays killing an enemy is another second to potentially get +1d and die instantly.

Killing quickly gives your team the freedom to rotate and +1 other fights more often etc.

We're here now because anet buffed power build damage time and time again while Condi reigned supreme instead of addressing the root cause (condi being op). Eventually they gave in and nerfed it but didn't touch power. Now Condi is effectively dead and the ridiculous buffs anet gave out are manifesting though bursty spike builds that can give up their Condi clear for dmg traits.

Archived