Thank the Six for the Upcoming Burning Fire (Ele Trait) Nerf!

Zuko.7132

Legal DisclaimerThis post contains sarcasm. All those who lack the modicum of intelligence required to understand sarcasm should exit this page. The author will not be held responsible for any physical or mental distress experienced due to sarcasm.

As you might know, ANet has provided a list of upcoming changes planned specifically for pvp and wvw. Among these changes was one related to an Elementalist adept trait in the Fire traitline, called Burning Fire. Burning Fire currently casts the skill Cleansing fire when 3 or more conditions are affecting the Elementalist at once, which inflicts two stacks of burning for 6 seconds on nearby foes and cleanses 3 conditions. The proposed change is a cooldown increase on the trait from 40 to 60 seconds. I think I speak for the entire GW2 community when I say, thank the Six. As evidenced by the dominating presence of elementalist in pvp in recent seasons (particularly harmful to weak profressions such as mirage), elementalists have long been in need of a significant nerf, and ANet has clearly found the correct place to strike for three reasons.

First, by hitting a popular trait in the mandatory Fire traitline, this nerf is sure to have an affect on the vast majority of elementalists and encourage the taking of other less used trait lines such as Water.

Second, the insane amount of offensive pressure offered by this trait will be less frequent. In ideal scenarios, this trait could hit 5 players for a collective 7500 damage with no investment in condi damage. That's a whopping 1500 damage on each player.

Third, even if none of these other factors existed, this nerf is warranted because it passively activates a skill. Anet has heard the cries of the small vocal minority (which most certainly represents the wider population at large) that such traits are bad and promote skill less play and has wisely decided to change all such skills in a meaningful way by increasing the cooldown. Anet firmly and rightly believes that it will take much more skill to do nothing to activate the skill if it has a longer cooldown. While some question the sense in nerfing a skill simply because it falls in the passive category and encourage that each trait and its effects should be looked at individually to see if it needs a nerf or heaven forbid a buff, Anet wisely pointed out that the label passive clearly increases the power of the trait by over 9000.

I eagerly await the day the overpowered meta Fire traitline elementalist is nerfed.

Sincerely,-Zuko

Arenanet made that thread looking for suggestions. Those changes aren't final and a lot of them are worse than the Cleansing Fire nerf.

Look at Shared Anguish on ranger. It is a single cc TRANSFER that interrupts our pet. It was already considered extremely bad, yet the cooldown was nerfed from 60 seconds to 90.

Either way, I'm just really happy they are communicating. I don't think the sarcasm is neither necessary nor appreciated here. Arenanet is going out of their way to listen to community feedback, try not to make them regret it.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Arenanet made that thread looking for suggestions. Those changes aren't final and a lot of them are worse than the Cleansing Fire nerf.

Look at Shared Anguish on ranger. It is a single cc TRANSFER that interrupts our pet. It was already considered extremely bad, yet the cooldown was nerfed from 60 seconds to 90.

Either way, I'm just really happy they are communicating. I don't think the sarcasm is neither necessary nor appreciated here. Arenanet is going out of their way to listen to community feedback, try not to make them regret it.

First of all, if you look at point three I address that there are many similar changes like this. Secondly, I enjoy sarcasm especially satire, so I wrote in one of my favorite art forms to amuse myself. Third, sorry you don't appreciate it, but some people do. To each their own.

@Zuko.7132 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Arenanet made that thread looking for suggestions. Those changes aren't final and a lot of them are worse than the Cleansing Fire nerf.

First of all, if you look at point three I address that there are many similar changes like this. Secondly, I enjoy sarcasm especially satire, so I wrote in one of my favorite art forms to amuse myself. Third, sorry you don't appreciate it, but some people do. To each their own.

I thought it was entertaining lol

At the same time, I'm both surprised and happy with how Arenanet decided to gather community feedback and communicate with us. I just don't believe a post like this is necessary when Arenanet is doing the right thing. That's just my opinion, you do you o/

Archived