[SOLVED] Cannot transfer to a new world

snh.7091

I proceed according to the instructions listed on the Wiki by deleting all my toons. I created a ticket 2 weeks ago to which I got a reply that I have to wait until they release PoF.

PoF is released, requirements met (I let go of 3 years of work for a fresh start at a new - not full - homeworld) yet no promised free transfer.

gw067.jpg

PS: the world shown in the image is NOT the one I want to transfer to. It's just an example of a non-full world.

Did you make a demo character?

The transfer fee is waived for accounts without any active characters. This allows players just starting out to change to another world that is not full. You also can transfer without cost if you delete all your existing characters. The next time you log on without any characters, you will be prompted to choose a new home world. [1] Please be aware of the following:

Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only if the population of the world is at less than capacity.Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only once per seven days.If you decide to delete the characters on your account, Customer Support cannot restore them, in whole or in part.When all characters are deleted, your guilds, coin, and bank contents will not be lost.

It could be Anet has yet to delete the demo characters. I know I checked this morning out of curiosity on GW2effenciency, a site that uses the API to show characters among other things, and they were still there. I just tried to check again but the site is giving an API error with this message "The official API is currently disabled due to issues with the expansion launch. Keep calm and enjoy the game! :)". Still it seems they should have deleted those beta characters before launch and if not that is a large oversight. Maybe @Gaile Gray.6029 can give some news on what is going on.

@John.8507 said:Did you make a demo character?

The transfer fee is waived for accounts without any active characters. This allows players just starting out to change to another world that is not full. You also can transfer without cost if you delete all your existing characters. The next time you log on without any characters, you will be prompted to choose a new home world. [1] Please be aware of the following:

Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only if the population of the world is at less than capacity.Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only once per seven days.If you decide to delete the characters on your account, Customer Support cannot restore them, in whole or in part.When all characters are deleted, your guilds, coin, and bank contents will not be lost.

Just an FYI: The CS Team can restore deleted characters now. They have been able to for a year or more?

Yes but I don't need anybody to restore deleted toons. I just want to play on another server finally.... they kept me waiting long enough, which btw is I believe from their end to swap someone's home world a piece of cake.

They gave streamers free transfers so they can hop as they please but us who left ungodly money in the gem store are treated like left overs.

At this point I'm waiting for a month. Because they made me wait I didn't touch the game for the entire period because I did not want to play on the server I currently am at any more.

I am one of those who had to pay for the core game before it became free, as well as HoT + left a lot of money in the gem store and this is how we are treated - instead of a prompt resolution they leave us hanging for months! None of us should be subjected to this kind of handling.

I'm giving them 2 more weeks. If something that should've been done prior to the release of the expansion won't be done by then (wiping all Beta accounts / characters) I'm done with this game, because it is unacceptable how they treat their customers. Instead of a proper resolution they tell you "oh you gotta wait until we release" (which depends on the time you message them - can be anywhere from a few days, weeks to months and you just have to wait) while from their end transferring someone to a new home world can be done easy.

Complacent, greedy and uncaring - that is ArenaNet and I'm fed up with how they treat us. It is called Karma bois - your actions have consequences and in their case I would not underestimate the power of the internet when it comes to spreading bad feedback about them.

Nearly a week has passed from releasing PoF and demo characters still there hiding. I can't find the thread where there is an Q and A of the demo PoF that answered one question this: "characters will be deleted when the demo ends and they will lose the items they obtained".Well...they are only hiding...still their information are in the game what means not deleted when demo has ended. That state makes my wonder the resources and employers they may have. I know that they won get as much as suscription games but there is the gem store...jokes!! the gem store is not as good as it could be, you know...more ugly than pretty designs and the lack of new armor instead of uncombinable outfits. But rly...it is too much complicated to put someone in charge of the demo character deletion? Like seriously, are you lacking that much of resources/employers??

Archived