Mirage cloak/dodge consuming on rapid pressing of ambush skill (two dodges with one press)

Roda.7468

If you mash your 1 skill as soon as you activate mirage cloak and continue to mash after your ambush skill has finished your character will consume their remaining dodge token and activate their mirage cloak (and ambush attack, since you're mashing) a second time.It's getting really disruptive since I normally mash my skills in combat. I'm often finding myself without dodges when I know I should have one left.

Here's a

of this happening. Keep in mind that I'm only hitting my dodge key once each attempt.

That's interesting, it could be used as a massive double burst tho. Taking some food or traiting for vigor or using distortion shatters + shatter reset and traited signet is my plan so this might be a lot of continuous burst. It sounds like a problem that should be fixed but I can see myself liking that too lol

Sadly while my attempts to replicate it in a controlled environment resulted in varying success, in the open world it seems to be almost constant for me regardless of mashing. Whenever I hit a skill, even a non 1 key skill, my endurance gets dropped to 0 after a mirage cloak, meaning I don't even always get the double ambush. :(

Quick update, mashing is only needed on test dummy replication and is the only way to get two casts of ambush. It seems to happen 80% of the time in normal open world combat, regardless of which skill I use, and due to not needing to cast the ambush immediately, the gcd will cause me to up and miss the second ambush attack.

This bug is effectively halving my available dash tokens. :(

Archived