Trying to find some easy and fun build

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I am trying to find a build that is fun to play, easy for a beginner but has learning potential and survivability in WvW roaming too .... I main ele and twink warrior and thief and this is not for me.When thinking what can i construct for a rooky which is fun and can be learned. (I don´t dare to suggest ele or reve ^^, )

The build should be able to troll if ever taken into WvW roaming so i can protect it and/or use it as bait if running with me. It will run together with a hybrid tempest and herald. It looks like being able to do lots of single target dps and if you learn to use it be a significant challenge. We don´t talk about platium like level that is out of question. I will have to baybysit both running with me ;-).

I came up with something like that: (New account but gold is not an issue, after a short time i think trinkets are doable in ascended). Armor and weapons not buyable are usually to much now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqa8Yn0MB9OhdOBuFDUGjFkCzLHEE2A8XyQ5pkrBEAWAA-jVCBQBQ4IA8RlfuR/Q02fAAPAg3o+DGOIAM8EAATlgBAQA46G9oN6Rb0je0AA-w

Maybe it will work and provide some fun and have learning potential. Looks like it can actually bait the hell out of someone in duels if used by a good player. I might try it myself in PvP on my account.. well i would go with maurauders there and boutiful theft + sleight of hands to do harder first stikes but ....

so?

you use shadow arts but little stealth in the build so you dont really make use of the insane survivability that would provide instead you option for very defensive equipment. with this build he will do very little preassure and wont sustain too long as active defense in form of evades , mobility stealth is way better then stats.

if you want an easy to start build that he can improve on, that you dont have to babysit too much i would suggest a valk/cavalier mix stealth camping DE. because the basics are very easy and enough to kill most players in WvW, you need practise and probably more offensive equipment to kill some of the better players but hey you said he is new anyway.so if i change my build to beginner sniper friendly it would become something like this here you will only crit from stealth so need to camp it and only go for oneshots, if he cant keep up permastealth with those utilities he may change blinding powder for shadow refuge but blinding powder is mostly better so should practise using it as it is the only instant stealth skill available for DE.when he is able to keep up his stealth properly and can escape preassure once reveald into his stealth again and has a better timing on when to attack he might switch into something more like this with that he can potentially kill anything in WvW and still only die to his own faults as he can avoid any risk.that is ofc not a very good group build more for solo, but he wont be a liability for your team that you need to rez all the time and if he does his job right you may see some random oneshots. and despite many people telling you how low skilled and what not you are after you killed them over and over with this build, it is alot of fun and for solo roaming (object based - camps,towers, keeps) this is among the best if not the best build, tho it is ofc not ideal for making sick montage with random eva- ehrm i mean skillfull reactions.oh and this is only for WvW roaming, dont think it can be usefull anywhere else.

initial version is this but it looks more player vs player oriented. There is a lot of stealth.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqa8YnsMBlPhdOBuFDUGjlhCjLAsAqA8hyVZs0bIEEOCA-jVCBQBA4BAATlgRb/BMcQA+oyPIcEAcj+h3o+DDPBABAQA46G9oN6Rb0je0AA-w

Absoulutely on your side that you sniper build looks fun. I might slighly modify it but it´s serious damage.And i also think dead is dead. So if i kill with 20k damage i don´t need 30k. And the moments i don´t kill due to that are usually more then compensated by surviving better.

new version has only heal as condi cleanse, as you removed the very powerfull SE trait so he will probably need some condi cleanse support, tho you might be able to provide it to him with your ele.it also has no stunbreak so he will be focused easily.

I know the weaknesses. Played it (V2 with more stealth) yesterday in PvP with maurauders. But used SB instead of S/D for mobility. I might try after getting better it´s to much for now.Condies were no problem (even the scourges i just kill them faster and kite) but stunlock sometimes. As i am not used to thief much and did not play it long i had been manualy bad. First match i got blown up by powershatter ... but made a comeback due to my team knowing to rotate. Then O_o second i got already complimented as "Cancer-B'tch". Definitly fun and throuh maining ele i blew them up too knowing how to fight reflects ... Mark alone is such a hardcore and easy target setup in this build and then you use your stealth to kite and strike as you please ...I will try a slightly modified version. While the knockback and stealth was fun the stunbreak and refresh might be the better way to go.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVnsMBlPhdOBOGDUGjlhCjPUuKjleDhgwRgLAsAqAA-jpxHQBI8EAosDBw1KDAgjAgt2fggPAAA

Archived