Help

Link.1049

So PoF has dropped... I was so excited for the new spec.. after working through beta weekend to find a playstyle that worked for me, it's now been completely destroyed. It's beyond useless. Anet nuked it too hard. 6 hours, and in both unranked and ranked I can count the times I've been on the winning team on one hand... and when we have won it hasnt' been because of me. I've tried everything... my old builds, trying to tweak them to make them work. Absolutely zero success. I was so excited when sword became viable, for the whole month and half before it got sent back to the gutter. Anet has shoehorned us back into having to do dagger/pistol or try to do power rifle (keep range on a map where everything is small confined spaces...sounds great. Like I said I'm feeling at the end of it, I was so excited for the expansion now I don't even want to play it. In 3 years I've never been good with dagger pistol in pvp..in wvw I prefer it but in pvp i'm useless with it. I've got some other characters...but they are now useless too. So I'm asking for help. I don't want to throw away a character I've spent 3 years on, and prefer playing. Can someone help me with build crafting something for thief remotely playable?

well, you could always play s/d core power and kill every new elite spec in 1v1.

I'll link you to my stream channel and both builds that I'm running.

s/d core

s/d Deadeye

My GameplayBoth builds are really fun to play and strong in 1v1, I'm still testing Deadeye but it's incredibly fun to play with all the quickness and marks you got.You can also use rifle as second weapon if you want.

Cheers.

@Zacchary.6183 said:Exactly what are you doing with Deadeye?

EDIT: Like build, how you use it in combat, etc.

I've tried everything... I'm trying to stay as far away from melee as possible. Open with 1... then mark... 3, then stealth and kneel for 4.. max out at about 10k...average is 2-3k. With deadly, trick, dead... also tried with shadow instead of dead, instead of trick, etc... only thing I haven't done is acro with it. Now I've given up on rifle at all and am trying deadeye with sword.. because sword.

In beta I had a condi build...but that was nuked with sword. with sword on deadeye I've got to try to stay close but this thing has no condi clear so that's another issue...also the knock back doesn't usually work...and power of signet trait doesnt' work when you kill someone.

I've tried staying in stealth as long as possible, as far away as possible... and only firing wheni've got full malice...that works less than afk'ing.

@Elxdark.9702 said:well, you could always play s/d core power and kill every new elite spec in 1v1.

s/d core

s/d Deadeye

My GameplayBoth builds are really fun to play and strong in 1v1, I'm still testing Deadeye but it's incredibly fun to play with all the quickness and marks you got.You can also use rifle as second weapon if you want.

Cheers.

How are you generating your swiftness? I've watched it like 30 times... you just get swiftness...can't figure out where from.

@Link.1049 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:well, you could always play s/d core power and kill every new elite spec in 1v1.

Both builds are really fun to play and strong in 1v1, I'm still testing Deadeye but it's incredibly fun to play with all the quickness and marks you got.You can also use rifle as second weapon if you want.

Cheers.

How are you generating your swiftness? I've watched it like 30 times... you just get swiftness...can't figure out where from.

You have a trait in acrobatics where everytime you dodge it gives you swiftness also thrill of the crime on trickery gives you swiftness everytime you mark and you can mark up to 3 times in 20s.

Archived