Mirage dps

Korvous.6340

I'm aware that the current golem tests for mirage are something in the region of 36k dps. Recently I've taken up playing mirage yet I tend to cap out at something in the region of 24k dps without food or utility. I find it doubtful that that accounts for 12k dps somehow... Can anyone provide any tips or tricks? (For a clone build)

The bad news is, you're probably not going to get an answer. I've been in the same boat as you for awhile now, and aside from a few stock comments that aren't going to help and aren't followed in the DPS test videos, all the leet mirage players will do is get angry at you because they can't solve your problem. So, to save you time, here's all of the generic advice bits that will only help a little:

(1): If you start an auto attack chain, let it finish. There's a lot of damage in the third hit.
(2): Ambush basically whenever you have the endurance to do so.
(3): Never go into mirage cloak until the third AA completes fully. There's a bug where if you pop mirage cloak during the third attack of the AA chain, you won't be able to ambush. This bug is insufferable and will chunk away at your DPS.(4): Weapon swap and spam phantasms whenever they are off cooldown.
(5): Don't bother letting the clones finish their auto attacks.(6): Put a bit of spacing between ambushes. Roughly 1 full AA chain. If you try to ambush consecutively it won't work.(7): Unload all of your Jaunts at the start of the fight. The goal is to keep as many things on cooldown as possible, so you'll want to have weapon swap, jaunt, endurance, and phantasms skills on cooldown at all times.

Follow these steps, and your DPS will increase to a whopping 28k.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:The bad news is, you're probably not going to get an answer. I've been in the same boat as you for awhile now, and aside from a few stock comments that aren't going to help and aren't followed in the DPS test videos, all the leet mirage players will do is get angry at you because they can't solve your problem. So, to save you time, here's all of the generic advice bits that will only help a little:

(1): If you start an auto attack chain, let it finish. There's a lot of damage in the third hit.

(2): Ambush basically whenever you have the endurance to do so.

(3): Never go into mirage cloak until the third AA completes fully. There's a bug where if you pop mirage cloak during the third attack of the AA chain, you won't be able to ambush. This bug is insufferable and will chunk away at your DPS.(4): Weapon swap and spam phantasms whenever they are off cooldown.

(5): Don't bother letting the clones finish their auto attacks.(6): Put a bit of spacing between ambushes. Roughly 1 full AA chain. If you try to ambush consecutively it won't work.(7): Unload all of your Jaunts at the start of the fight. The goal is to keep as many things on cooldown as possible, so you'll want to have weapon swap, jaunt, endurance, and phantasms skills on cooldown at all times.

Follow these steps, and your DPS will increase to a whopping 28k.

Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'll give them a go and hopefully get that bit closer to the end goal :D

• 2 weeks later...

@Oneira.7691 said:

@"Pyroatheist.9031" said:Food on a mirage is actually enormous. The dodge food adds something like 30% more dodges per unit time. That has a massive impact on dps. Use proper dodge food and try again.

Are you referring to this?

That's correct. Base endurance regeneration rate is 5 per second. Vigor increases this to 7.5 per second and you'll have permanent vigor, making this the baseline. Orrian truffle and meat stew then increases it to 9.5 per second, 26.6% more than 7.5 per second. This means that using the stew will get you 26.6% more ambush attacks from endurance regeneration.

Archived