Returning Ele. Weaver or tempest first?

Tea.2740

The different ESpecs are supposed to be very distinct from another and should co-exist, not replace each other.As someone with 3000h in Ele I suggest going with Tempest first to accomodate with the way ESpecs change the way a class handles which took me almost 200h to get used to. Weaver is WAY more complicated than Tempest and will likely require even more practise.However if you're the type who's in for a challenge you can start with Weaver and exceed in it when everyone else is still struggling.

@Ulion.5476 said:Atm staff weaver has the high dps for pve. In pvp weaver is still having some issues. Play tempest for awhile until A-net first balance update. Then weaver should have all of problems smoothed out.

Staff Weaver has the second highest DPS for large-hitbox targets with raid meta boons/condis. Not anywhere near as powerful outside of that context.

@Tea.2740 said:I'm returning on my vanilla ele and doing some HoT HP trains to try the new specs. I will get both specs eventually of course but which should i get first? Like does weaver replace tempest, or are each spec diff for what you wanna do? Thank you

If raid meta DPS is your only concern, go Weaver. Build Power Staff for large-hitbox raid bosses, Condi for everything else. If you'd rather play support or non-meta, go Tempest. Based on initial testing, the difference between Condi Weaver and Condi Tempest isn't that big, so if you're having problems deciding or like to switch things up, I'd say Tempest.

Archived