Bad graphics

So, thanks to the latest Windows 10 update I had to go back and do a complete pc reset and reinstall guild wars 2.

But ever since I've reloaded it my textures look flat. For instance, my warbeast armor was a shiny silver color before and now it's kind of a flat grey.

I've updated my graphics drivers AND taken another look at my settings which are the same as they were before.

Any idea what else I could do to get them looking back the way they were? I don't know what would have changed. Someone suggested running a client repair so that's my next step but as I just reinstalled the 64 bit client I can't see how that will help.

Any other suggestions or anyone had this happen before?

Yeah. Got all the best texture options checked.

I kept my files when I did the pc reset and I still have a 32 bit client and potentially some lost folders from previous game installs mixed in various places. So unless something is overwriting something else I don't think that's an issue. Plus I ran the repair just in case and it just took me to the game like it didn't need to repair.

No idea....

Figured it out. The one setting I thought I had set lower was shaders. Clicked it to medium and it looks the way it did before. Thought I was going crazy. 6 hours of trying to get your computer functioning after an update that's supposed to improve it will do that to you!

Archived