Can't Log In To Game

4 days ago I tried to log in to play, first thing I noticed once the app popped up was that my password wasn't there (I am the only one to use this comp and keep everything clicked so I don't have to constantly type in pws) I didn't think anything of it and put in my pw. It popped up saying my email or pw was incorrect ( I know for a fact neither were) so after a few more tries I logged into anet and changed my password through the website. I've changed it twice in hopes of it maybe being something I was doing but haven't tried since that 2nd day. I submitted a ticked 3 days ago explaining but no reply so far ,which is fine I know I'm not the only one to submit a ticket, I just wish I could figure out something. I know the code given can be given even if you have your correct log in stuff but I am at a loss of what to do or if there is something that I can do other than just wait. Anyone else have this issue? If so were you able to fix it or was it solely up to anet to be able to fix the issue?

If you are sure you are on the correct account (email + password), then either something went amiss, or your account has been compromised. You might want to change your email password, as well. (If your email account was compromised, the nefarious party can intercept responses from the CS Team.)

Otherwise, you just have to wait for the CS Team to assist you.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you are sure you are on the correct account (email + password), then either something went amiss, or your account has been compromised. You might want to change your email password, as well. (If your email account was compromised, the nefarious party can intercept responses from the CS Team.)

Otherwise, you just have to wait for the CS Team to assist you.

Good luck.Ok thanks a bunch!!! I hadn't even thought of that possibility. I will go change my email password just to be safe.

Thanks again!

Your password is stored in Local.dat and encrypted with your Windows account. If it corrupts, or there's a major change to your Windows account, your stored password will reset.

Were you able to login through account.arena.net? If you could, then you know your credentials are correct. If logging in through the launcher still doesn't work however, then it's a problem with that specifically. Try deleting %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, (if it exists) Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and all gw2cache folders under %temp%. You can also try bypassing the launcher with the command line:-email "example@example.com" -password "example" -nopatchui

If you couldn't login through the website, then only support can help you recover it.

@"Healix.5819" said:Your password is stored in Local.dat and encrypted with your Windows account. If it corrupts, or there's a major change to your Windows account, your stored password will reset.

Were you able to login through account.arena.net? If you could, then you know your credentials are correct. If logging in through the launcher still doesn't work however, then it's a problem with that specifically. Try deleting %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, (if it exists) Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and all gw2cache folders under %temp%. You can also try bypassing the launcher with the command line:-email "example@example.com" -password "example" -nopatchui

If you couldn't login through the website, then only support can help you recover it.

Yup I could log in on my account on arenanet. Holy shit that's complicated! Ok maybe not complicated complicated...just not great with code and such. But I will look in the morning and see if I can do it. Thank you!!

@"XxCloverxX.7023" said:I went to the location but it doesn't have anything but the folder titled "Screens".

Documents/Guild Wars 2/ is the alternate location, so it's not guaranteed to exist there. The primary location is %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ - copy/paste it into a folder's address bar (or WindowsKey+R) and press enter.

Archived