returning to the game need build help

nataku.5723

I hate to give such an indirect answer, but metabattle.com is a good start for builds. You can pick from many different builds, from all aspects of the game. If you are looking to just do open world stuff, I would suggest starting with a WvW build based around your playstyle (power, condi, tank etc), then make changes as you see fit.

That is a great tool for not only finding the new meta for high end endgame, but also getting an idea of what works for you, and where to start for your own build.

If you wish for others to post actual builds, an idea of how you want to play will be needed. A good start is always a power build, but I've been running condi on my guardian and revenant the past few weeks to get prepped for PoF, and I've been having tons of fun (PvE).

Hey bud,

I'd suggest something like the following if you're planning on just cruising around in open world:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8dnkIClDhVDBmCBEEhjAiKvgPYEe325MDsBQ2GnA

You can mess with the traits however you want, I'd suggest sword/focus and greatsword, alongside Judge's Intervention and Retreat, for great mobility. Use your sword tele, GS leap, swiftness and JI to move around at speed and teleport about. Use whatever armour you have or feel comfortable with, I'd personally go for a power-based set like zerk, just for melting things a bit faster.

It's nothing special, but you should be relatively sturdy while still putting out nice damage. Make sure to spam Virtue of Justice as you go around killing mobs as it'll recharge on a kill and it gives you retal which you benefit massively from due to the radiance trait line.

Archived