Website blank except for top banner and links (Resolved but Malicious)

Update: Turns out Anet is malicious when you don't hit the button where you accepts their use of cookies.

Seems since late last week the website has been blank loading only the banner and links. When I refresh a page it sometimes loads but disappears in a second leaving the page blank. I'm not using ad block or addons to remove assets. Its just not working anymore for me.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Seems since late last week the website has been blank loading only the banner and links. When I refresh a page it sometimes loads but disappears in a second leaving the page blank. I'm not using ad block or addons to remove assets. Its just not working anymore for me.

I was going to say that it sounds like a rogue adblock style thing, but you say you don't do that, so...

Can you open up the "developer tools" equivalent, and see if there are any errors reported from JavaScript or whatever?

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:So I resolved the problem. Turns out that ignoring the "I accept" that the website uses cookies on the WIKI is what caused it. Turns out denying it for a while blocks access from the website itself. How intrusive.

Useful to know. I guess another case of "if you break it, you get to keep both pieces" :)

Archived