Eviscerate suggestions

Aigleborgne.2981

It's not new but eviscerate need a rework. Too many things are wrong with this skill:

• cast time
  • short range
  • after cast
  • single target damage

Axe is a fast attack weapon and its burst doesn't feel natural. As some has pointed out, it can even be a damage loss if only we didn't have side effects from burst.

I have several suggestions for improvements. Not all of them at the same time of course.

• very high damage, at least killshot level with unblockable attack.
  • 600 leap range as sword. Axe lacks movement skills and I can't count miss eviscerates because I was too short.
  • can affect up to 3 targets
  • remove leap but no cast time and no aftercast

I would probably choose killshot damage with no leap and no cast time. So you could use it along with regular attacks without breaking flow.

Or if OP, just my last option !

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:I have several suggestions for improvements. Not all of them at the same time of course.

• 600 leap range as sword. Axe lacks movement skills and I can't count miss eviscerates because I was too short.

Eviscerate unblockable? Have you forgotten that Signet of Might exists? It makes your attacks unblockable for 6 seconds. Eviscerate is all about timing your attacks. Auto attack your foe, wait for them to dodge and then with proper timing you can use Eviscerate. That is what makes the skill satisfying to use. Also, no, I don't agree that Eviscerate should hit multiple foes or that it should have no cast time and no aftercast. If that was the case, then literally every single warrior would be using the weapon.

Eviscerate has a shorter ranger than Savage Leap because Savage Leaps' damage doesn't scale with your adrenaline level like Eviscerate does. Axe main hand is a power only weapon whereas the sword is meant as a hybrid/condition weapon with mobility. Those are the cons that you need to take in when you use the axe; it's a hard hitting weapon, but if you don't time your attacks properly, you will waste your Eviscerate and your Adrenal Health.

I agree it is satisfying to use, but still, because of cast-aftercast, it is barely better than other axe skills (which are mutli-target btw).Sure, you can use signet of might for unblockable attack but you need to equip this signet. I don't think it would be too much to have unblockable on this burst skill, considering it is highly telegraph and single-target.Currently, GS burst is overall better. I am not talking about duel here, but general situation vs multiple foes.Anyway, it is not as if warriors had great weapon choice for power build ! Beside control weapons (mace, hammer), there are only axe and GS left ! (dagger is somehow special).

It feels better to use mace/hammer/GS burst because they are doing a good job in many situations. Eviscerate only do good amount damage, but single-target and most of all, its damage is brought down by cast and after-cast. So where it really shines ? In duel vs player, but in other situations, it is not that great.Moreover, riffle burst does more damage and pierce. It bugs me.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:I have several suggestions for improvements. Not all of them at the same time of course.

Eviscerate unblockable? Have you forgotten that Signet of Might exists? It makes your attacks unblockable for 6 seconds. Eviscerate is all about timing your attacks. Auto attack your foe, wait for them to dodge and then with proper timing you can use Eviscerate. That is what makes the skill satisfying to use. Also, no, I don't agree that Eviscerate should hit multiple foes or that it should have no cast time and no aftercast. If that was the case, then literally every single warrior would be using the weapon.

Eviscerate has a shorter ranger than Savage Leap because Savage Leaps' damage doesn't scale with your adrenaline level like Eviscerate does. Axe main hand is a power only weapon whereas the sword is meant as a hybrid/condition weapon with mobility. Those are the cons that you need to take in when you use the axe; it's a hard hitting weapon, but if you don't time your attacks properly, you will waste your Eviscerate and your Adrenal Health.

you are talking about pvp and op is talking about pve...there is no way to balance it for both modes at the same time

Archived