The Vibrant Mountain Griffon Egg is glitched for me.

For some odd reason the Vibrant Mountain Griffon Egg doesn't spawn for me, I have collected everything else for Open Skies in Desert Highlands but that one egg. Whenever I log on and off right by the nest it appears for half a second and then quickly disappears and on the loading screen I have a option to click on it. Is it something wrong with my game files or am I doing something completely wrong? I have sent in several tickets about this issue with no response, both in game and to customer support and I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or can think of what may be causing it. This is my first post on the forums so this may not be the right place for me to be posting this and I am sorry if it is not.

If you have submitted multiple tickets to the CS Team, please close all tickets save the original, as submitting duplicates only puts you back at the start of the queue. You can close a ticket by responding, "I no longer need help."

Do note: Submitting in-game Bug Reports will garner no response, as indicated on the Bug Report window.

You can try a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted files. Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Search - Repair'.

Good luck.

I just realized it wasn't repairing the files at all. For some reason when I added -repair behind the file I always get a error. Also I can't figure out how to delete my CS tickets, I tried to figure it out a few times. Thanks for the help again, sorry to be bothersome.

Make sure there is a space before the -repair. You can also look up 'Command Line Arguments' in the Wiki (link above).Each ticket should have engendered an email to your email address. You just reply to each of those emails with the message, "I no longer need help."You can respond to each of those automated response emails, except for the very first one from the ticket you submitted.

Good luck.

Thanks for all of your help so far. I have repaired the files and deleted my post to CS, unfortunately the egg still hasn't shown itself. I've tried to repair the games files 3-4 times now so I know that's not the issue. I have been back to the Sunspear place where you start the griffon quest and tried to go back to the egg spawn and nothing happened. I think my game just might have a bug in the system (couldn't resist). Once again thank you for the information.

Getting the griffon collection is probably account wide, however you can only do it on a character that has done the full story of PoF. (And you won't get a Spearmarhal Plea twice, tho you can send it over to your alts). I wonder if your game crashed or something when you tried to get the egg the 1st time. Sounds as if the game counts the egg as "picked up" or something. I think you will need support for this one... They have a queue of waiting so it does take a while to get a response atm but they should be able to look into the issue.

• 6 months later...

Archived