Some voiced lines not playing?

Hey this is my first time posting here so sorry if I mess anything up! :)This is a bug I've had since I started playing the game (A bit less than a year ago, I think.) Sometimes during story chapters, there will be random bits of dialogue that won't play. I can read the speech bubble or subtitles, but the voice over will just cut out for a line or two. I originally assumed that it was because there are so many actors and so much to record, that a line or two would have been missed during recording and there would have to be silence for those lines.As an example, during Be My Guest in the new living story (spoilers btw??), the line "Just blow the d--- gate Canach!" was missing.

Normally I wouldn't care about this, but during the finale of the new living story, the voice acting cut out for the second half of the last cutscene, which kinda ruined the vibe.

Please note:-All other audio continues to play, it is only the voice over that goes quiet.-I have not tampered with the games files in anyway.-The missing lines do not only come from my character, but npcs as well.-I've only noticed this problem during story. But I don't really pay attention to dialogue in the open world.-There have been times I've done story chapters with friends, and had them play their game audio through discord or skype, and they are never missing audio like I am.-I use a mac. I'm not sure if that's relevant, but yeah.Thanks!

I use a PC and I have the same bug happening with some regularity. Mostly for normal dialog like the above-mentioned "Just blow the d--- gate Canach!", but also in cut scenes - most recent example being Joko's monologue towards the end of the current living story chapter - I'm thankful for the subtitles because the only thing I could hear was the creaking of his armor as he gesticulated.

• 3 years later...

Did anyone get a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue of random story dialogue not being voiced for me, though others are hearing it who are in the same party. Again, may apply outside of stories, but would be less obvious so I haven't noticed it. Losing bits of the story dialogue is a real disappointment, though I have the text to keep up with what characters are saying; the voice acting is such a great part of GW for me.

1 hour ago, Dancing Geek.1726 said:

Did anyone get a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue of random story dialogue not being voiced for me, though others are hearing it who are in the same party. Again, may apply outside of stories, but would be less obvious so I haven't noticed it. Losing bits of the story dialogue is a real disappointment, though I have the text to keep up with what characters are saying; the voice acting is such a great part of GW for me.

I think sometimes sound is lost if you use surround sound in your speaker or headset.

It only happens when you look straight at npc talking try turning your chracter to look to the left or right.