Can we get the guardian staff changes reverted for PVE?

Kiwicharr.8051

The guardian staff 1 skill, wave of wrath, had its range drastically reduced so its pretty much unusable in PVE. I believe that this update was to nerf staff in wvw because it was too overpowered. Is there any chance we can get a skill split for the guardian auto attack to bring it back to its 600 range? I miss lootstick!

This change isn't exactly in range of the parameters for skill splits. Range is a functionality change, not a numbers change.

But tbh, this particular nerf was bad for all game modes. Yes, it was a lootstick for WvW but what exactly was wrong with that? I guess they were concerned of how Permeating Wrath interacted with Firebrand. (the change was made way before PoF came out but I'm rather sure they had Firebrand figured out atleast as a concept, seems to be one of the few well-thought-out PoF ESpecs which means plenty of time in development)

What I think they should've done is reduce the amount of targets it can hit from 5 to 3, instead of changing its range. Good thing is, this can still be fixed!

Archived