I want to change my account name. I prematurely made it last year. i should of said sooner i kno. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArenaNet Forum Chat for September: The next forum conversation, on the topic of our September 18th release -- including Living World Season 4 Episode 4, a new raid, a new legendary, and more -- invites member questions and comments from Tuesday (9/25) through Friday afternoon Pacific Time (9/28). Devs will be responding through early October, as their schedules allow. Join the special September 2018 AFC Subforum to take part. More info here.

I want to change my account name. I prematurely made it last year. i should of said sooner i kno.

So is the development team able to change my account name to something of my choosing? I don't want this account name I have now. my character name is not the situation by the way. its my -----> NAME.0000 <----- I have one I would like to use but I am not posting it here.

Comments

• zerorogue.9410zerorogue.9410 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018

That' going to need a ticket sent in.
    More info can be found here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000728148-I-Want-to-Change-My-Display-Name

In short go to support (button at the top of the page) submit a ticket, give them as much info as you can to prove it's you, explain why you need the change, and what name you want to change it to. After that wait for a response (might be a while).

Seems to be not 100% they will do it, but its likely in your case. Good luck.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not likely in your case; changing Display Names can, and usually does, break the game. Display Names are only changed in cases of security (full name or email address, etc.), or when inappropriate.

• Thanks well I guess ill stick to what I got. its not my full name and its definitely not something im willing to break if it cannot be fixed for an indefinite amount of time. ill take most of your advice guys and keep what I got. thanks for making me more aware :) and being concerned for us players makes me feel like I owe you guys one!

• @Matt.4276 said:
    Thanks well I guess ill stick to what I got. its not my full name and its definitely not something im willing to break if it cannot be fixed for an indefinite amount of time. ill take most of your advice guys and keep what I got. thanks for making me more aware :) and being concerned for us players makes me feel like I owe you guys one!

You're in good company. I've seen a lot of such posts and there's more than a little confusion about why ANet doesn't change names (and whether they can or even should). (Heck, in case it's not clear, you might say that my own display name was, let's just say, ill-conceived on a number of levels and I would have happily changed it before launch.)

I'm sorry it's not more useful news. But, at least you know their limitations now.

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.