Any guardian survivability tip?

Arbiter.1529

Hi! I used a lvl 80 boost on my guardian a few months ago. Since then, I've been using the DH build on snowcrows. I don't use my guardian very often because I always play my main ele(weaver).I sometimes feel my guard is squisher than my full-zerker ele. This is probably because I'm not familiar with the guardian's mechanics. I should have tried more weapons and utilities before using boost. I often die when I'm collecting shards in Lake Doric with my guardianDo you have any advice? I don't mind changing weapon sets or utilities. But I love greatswords so I wanna use it. I also want to know the difference among core guard, DH, firebrand.

Raid builds aren't the best at OW stuff. Change Virtues for Valor, and go 2-2-2. Drop Bane Signet and Test of Faith for Smite Condition and Judge's Intervention, and pick up the meditation heal. 1-1-3 in Dragonhunter, 2-2-3 Zeal. Weapons can stay the same but I personally play with LB and Sw/T.Remember to double-tap F1 on the White Mantle Knights when they start shield blocking, it'll break their stance.

Thank you guys!I tried some other traits, utilities and weapons. I found focus #5 is very useful. #4 is also a good damage. So now I'm using GS and Scepter/Focus.

In case of fractals, what should I do to survive? My main is weaver, so I'm not familiar with melee positioning. It is difficult for me to stay in melee range...

Try build at the end of this video. If you still keep dying i think you can only play reaper. Tough tbh i'm not sure if reaper can survive better than this. Generally every profession got crappy survivality . You would think plate classes got good survi but that's illusion. Basically kiteing like pussy is best solution. That's how they made this game. And it's not about dodgeing like many pplz says. Dodgeing done well was in Tera Online. IF you soloed dungs or BAMs then you would feel how doge done well feels. Not saying Tera was perfect game cause it's not. Optimalization is pretty crappy in dungeons and map events with lot of players it's lag feast even with NASA class PC. But combat was imo better than in any other mmo released to west to this day including BnS and all other pseudo action mmos.

In GW2 you are just one big squishy that can't take hits no matter what, but dodgeing skills sucks hard [not skills per se but mechanics are made so mobs got both big hits which you should evade and small fast AAs that eats your life for breakest cause you can't evade them, due to not enough evades. It's doable if you fight 1v1 all the time but it's damn boring. Only killing crowds is fun.] so in the end all you can do is kite. Play ranged class and make your life easy. You said you got elemenatlist, prolly it's best if you stick to it.

Archived