Suggestion: Custom UI Slots

ori.5829

Its the only thing I'm missing from other games, addiditve UI slots for Items in your Inventory. I guess people need like 3-5 maximum.The UI Slot for mounts was added with PoF Beta, and I like the positioning. Why not add 3-5 more Slots above/below the Minimap?Usage:

• Food/Utility Nourishment
  • Siege (WvW)
  • Traps (WvW)
  • Gizmos
  • Permanent Bank/TP Contracts
  • keep track of stackable loot
  • etc.

Just a quick sketch:https://imgur.com/a/BFwkEDifferent colours show the different placements of the added bar

What I love about GW1 and GW2 is the fact that you have limited slots for skills on one bar and that's it.But, I'd agree with maybe food/nourishments or something like that. But it's not that necessary to me. I'm not a fan of too many bars (especially skill bars) on the screen. Since ranger is my main, I would like more control of my pet, not necesserily more commands but it would be nice to see conditions/boons pet has above f1-f4 skills. And as I like playing minion master necro, beter overview/more control over minions would be great also.

The minimalist UI is one of the good factors about GW2, in my view.

I think the hotkeys should be saved for reactionary skill use. So it makes sense to have the mount button and mount skills on a hotkey, as well as the conditional stuff like bloodstone magic inversion, etc.

Items and the like are not reactionary. About the only time you ever need to quickly use an item is with siege in WvW, GW2 doesn't have HP pots or other combat reaction items, and most items can not even be used in combat so making use of hot keys for those sorts of items to me just doesn't make much sense. It saves you all of half a second of opening your bags and using the item there

• 1 month later...

Archived