Damager meters and such!

So i am sort of a new player, i had a warrior, and well i saw the numbers i did with it, it felt good and i like the class, but as much as i see the damage of the skills that i performed, i had no idea wether i was doing good or bad dps, i changed for a guardian and well the damage feels lower and higher, i do not know i have no way to measure it. I asked a player if there was a way to do it, he told me there was a "add on", i'm going to call it that, that could measure my dps but if used it could get me banned, now i have seen groups asking for a specific amount of damage to join their group, that is fine too, i assume they are using that add on, but i do not have the add on and i have no way to measure my dps, and players keep telling me that using this "add on" can get you banned, can anyone confirm this for me, and if we cannot use it, how do we know we are doing good dps, i like these infos because i can use them to improve myself, but right now as much as i follow for example an adviced rotation from the websites i cannot say if i am doing good or bad because i have no idea, i feel blind can someone help please.... ?

@"Imperadordf.2687" said:https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/

This is the add-on. Arenanet says "Use at your own risk". I haven't encountered any issues with it, and I haven't been banned, not even once.

Only thing you need to do is update it after every patch.

Chris cleary gave us the green light to use arc without fear of being banned.. last year? year before? I've lost track of how long ago it actually was.

• also arcdps has a build template tool - also given the green light by chris.

tl;dr: you wont get banned for using arc. anet said so.

First, at what point of your endgame are you now? because the damage youre expected to do is different for each gamemode.Basically, you will do fine with casual builds and gameplay up for fractals T2, living world, most of explorable dungeons and such, but when you reach Fractals T3, or intend to play Raids, you will need to maximize your DPS, usually folowing a meta build and practicing rotations a LOT.

If youre still "learning" to play and your damage shows numbers around 1~3k per hit, then you're ok, but expect other people doing around 5k per hit with meta builds and endgame equipment.

Alright thanks for the tips you all, as what point of the game i am at, i am doing t3, i did all t3 floors at this point, just never tried t4 or raided, i will try arc dps to maybe improve on my dps and all that, much apreciated for help!

PS:. I have no idea who Chris is so hum... ._.

@"Hugedeal.5426" said:Alright thanks for the tips you all, as what point of the game i am at, i am doing t3, i did all t3 floors at this point, just never tried t4 or raided, i will try arc dps to maybe improve on my dps and all that, much apreciated for help!

Oh, then good luck with that because T3 usually has the worst PUGs in fractals. You can look up on Snowcrows for the most efficient (AKA Meta) power build for Warriors, if you dont want to learn all that stuff like rotations, you can just give it a little read and adjust your build taking these tips into consideration.https://snowcrows.com/raids/warrior/warrior/power/However if you want to get into Raids you WILL need to do everything that guide says

In Fractals T3 its more important to just not die, it's not like its a speedrun festa like Raids so you can take your time dodging and learning mechanics. Please consider using fractal potions for better performance.

Archived