Support Ticket ...vanished?

So this morning, both of my support tickets (neither answered yet) were present; one regarding a looting issue and one being unable to log into GW1. But checking just now one of them, the GW1 support ticket is just.. gone. And no, I didn't delete or cancel anything. Has anyone else ever seen this happen? It's been about week and now if the ticket is gone somehow, the clock starts completely over. Judging by current posts and times it's looking like a month at least. Anyone had a similar experience? I suppose I'll have to reopen the ticket but if there was some kind of response, I can't find it.

First, re-open the ticket. Ideally do that by finding the automated reply when you created it (see below). Regardless of what happened, you want the ticket back in the queue as soon as possible.

ANet's ticket system is setup so that it automatically closes tickets that are considered "active," which has been explained to us as anytime they are waiting without a reply from the player for a certain period of time. (I believe the exact amount of time can vary. For my own tickets that I've confirmed as resolved, it's still at least three days. I think it's a week in other cases.) Thus if they sent you an email and you didn't see it, then this auto-close could happen.

So search all your email folders (including spam and trash). I'd use the ticket number as the key word, rather than "ArenaNet". If you find the question they asked, then you can also update the ticket with your response.

If you don't find any emails, then my recommendation is to first focus on resolving this one and once you get the issues you raised addressed, then bring up the Case of the Vanishing Ticket (either with the existing GM, once they asked, "is there anything else?" or with a new ticket). Helping ANet fix the system is good, but in your shoes, I'd want them to help me first.

I'm sorry that you hit a glitch. Hopefully, this won't slow things down for you.

Archived