Reasonable Balance-Patch

Seffen.2875

First i want to ackknowledge that balancing is a really vague thing, that has to be done very cautious.My Position is, that due to resistance conditions have been a lot weaker than boons.This has changed because of the latest Add-on. Because now there is a lot more Boonstrip in the game and stability and resistance are targeted first. (as far as i know, correct me if i am wrong) (I still think, that boons and boonstrip are in kind of a fine Balance.)It is reasonable to say, that if you loose resistance you will die. That is fine for me. But since you can lose resistance now very fast and not reapply it, there needs to be a good amount of time to somehow save yourself. If you cant manage that, it is ok to die.

My aim therefore is, to limit the dmg per tick received by Conditions to a certain amount, that leaves you a good time to deal with it.

So lets say, if you are a frontliner with 3.000 defense and about 20.000 healthpoints. My aim would be to give you about 2 seconds before you die.Of course, squishier targets will die faster.

There are several ways to achieve this:

I would go with limiting the stacks of the conditions that deal the most dmg. (Burn, bleeding and torment)

Other ideas:Lowering the dmg of the conditions (possible interferences with the other modi)Nerfing Boonstrip (would'nt recommend that, s. a.)Buffing unstrippable Buffs (hard to say if that would Impact anything since the time to test by now is rather limited)

P.S. I have not been writing nor speaking english for a pretty long time so please be Kind.P.P.S. If you have any other ideas please share them. But bring good arguments. Also i would like to hear your opinion on my Suggestion.

Considering how Condi spam lags out the servers, I would rather they separate wvw from pve and apply a cap to the number of conditions you can have on you at any one time.

Change resistance to an after effect of cleansing to supply a small grace period.Boon corruption and stripping would still remove resistance so this grace period is not too strong. Meaning you can't just melee train through everything.if the enemy is organised enough to boon strip you correctly.

This should allow more dynamic fights rather than the pirate ship meta

Hopefully this would stop the massive lag we see in fights, and would bring condition down while still keeping it valid. The power of conditions can be tuned via the number of stacks on a player.

@Seffen.2875 said:First i want to ackknowledge that balancing is a really vague thing, that has to be done very cautious.My Position is, that due to resistance conditions have been a lot weaker than boons.This has changed because of the latest Add-on. Because now there is a lot more Boonstrip in the game and stability and resistance are targeted first. (as far as i know, correct me if i am wrong) (I still think, that boons and boonstrip are in kind of a fine Balance.)It is reasonable to say, that if you loose resistance you will die. That is fine for me. But since you can lose resistance now very fast and not reapply it, there needs to be a good amount of time to somehow save yourself. If you cant manage that, it is ok to die.

My aim therefore is, to limit the dmg per tick received by Conditions to a certain amount, that leaves you a good time to deal with it.

So lets say, if you are a frontliner with 3.000 defense and about 20.000 healthpoints. My aim would be to give you about 2 seconds before you die.Of course, squishier targets will die faster.

There are several ways to achieve this:

I would go with limiting the stacks of the conditions that deal the most dmg. (Burn, bleeding and torment)

Other ideas:Lowering the dmg of the conditions (possible interferences with the other modi)Nerfing Boonstrip (would'nt recommend that, s. a.)Buffing unstrippable Buffs (hard to say if that would Impact anything since the time to test by now is rather limited)

P.S. I have not been writing nor speaking english for a pretty long time so please be Kind.P.P.S. If you have any other ideas please share them. But bring good arguments. Also i would like to hear your opinion on my Suggestion.

I'd say why not, but I'd be more into a system that'd provide a hard cap on tick damage. Say, 10% total HP per tick as a maximum. It's a bit harsher, but maybe it's needed. Also, I'd add a small hard immunity against condis after a cleanse, say 1/4s, to damper the spamming issue. And I'd do the same for stuns by the way.

1) i'd like to be able to change my cleanse to prioritise the order it takes conditions , or default to the highest stack.2) the anti condi gear is no longer viable -20% duration is going to help when you've got 30 ticks times 5 conditions, it needs a boost or switch to resisistance3) or a half way house like 3*clear when you hit 50% health all the 20%'s should also be lifted to 50%....4) also utility/build cleanses can't keep pace, one cleanse here or there doesn't stop the flood, with only one cleanse all available there's not alot of options.I'd like to see a cleanse trigger a 2 sec non re-apply bonus on skills so that they have some value Or 1 second if you can customise your cleanse can't see it happening though adding cooldowns to the condi battle or specific resistance sounds like server crash so prefer option 1.

Archived