Today, for me, Core Guardian as outclassed Dragonhunter ( a true story )

Darter.7862

Hello everyone...so...in WvW is happened this thing.

I was with a group of pugs capping a flag ( like 5 ) and then is come this Core Guardian, with GS/SW+focus, from the other enemy server.first the damage log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yz455nhj2fpi95/Immagine.jpg?dl=0

Nothing strange

The point is: this Guardian has litterally destroyed ONE BY ONE our group. "How the hell...?" And no, we were not spamming skills like hell. Maybe not experienced players, but not chickens.So...looking at the log, damages were "normal" for a guardian with retaliation and stacks of Might...but "why did not you react?" this is the point...First of all, EVERY hit landed on him was too weak, a really hig defence like a bunker from armor stats and traits for sure, and much clease for conditions.But the real point is: it was "too fast". He was like an assassin...just make a burst of damage, skill's animations were to fast to see and it was litterally impossible to catch because of a great use of teleports and leaps... and then he killed every pug one by one.

Like a: "Dragonhunter without wings, traps and bow"

From one side I have to say "you boy/girl are really strong in PvP, gg, clapclapclap, never see anything like that, good reflex"...truely i'm not a skilled PvP player, I never played PvP because of the community and Anet completly forgetting about that in this game...and I,personally, have no time to master myself...and experience is really important in PvP.

But in the other side, I have to say one things: it is absurd, that a Core Guardian is able to do this if compared to Dragonhunter.This is not the first time I write on this forum "DH have to be reworked or we have to change his role in WvW/PvP", because is litterally useless by now on if a Core Guardian can do better.

As far as I know, that's pretty gimmick guard build focused on 1-shotting and being very effective at that, while being useless and very vulnerable after that.

My question is: what kind of gear and build did you use to make your attacks so weak vs that guard?

Radiance with retaliation can give you 60-75% critical chance +250ferocity + mightsVirtues gives you a lot of retaliation and some boons.Charisma ; more ageis, more heals. more mights, more fury, more meditation

So actualy you can run full valkyrie/cavalier, even full cleric if you're a troll, with rune of durability or rune of leadearship, tank a lot an deal lot of damage.

@"steki.1478" said:As far as I know, that's pretty gimmick guard build focused on 1-shotting and being very effective at that, while being useless and very vulnerable after that.

My question is: what kind of gear and build did you use to make your attacks so weak vs that guard?

Talking for me, I'm running the "Reflect Burn" Firebrand build from METAbattlehttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Burn_Firebrandbecause I got that armor since PvE...but i'm building a Mistforged armor for the current META, then evolve into legendary...as I have said, I've not much time for play GW2, and I prefer a supportive role in WvW, meanwhile I'm farming the necessary items...anyway, In my team there were 2 Soulbeasts, 1 scourge and 1 Herald, no one survived.That guardian was too fast, even for a good reaction against him, and damage from the others was awfull...anyway, speaking of me, that build I'm running right now is not so "fast" to play and not good for 1VS1; in fact, I'm not complaining about my defeat. Just waiting to have a good armor ;-)

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Radiance with retaliation can give you 60-75% critical chance +250ferocity + mightsVirtues gives you a lot of retaliation and some boons.Charisma ; more ageis, more heals. more mights, more fury, more meditation

Virtues, Radiance and "Valor" maybe :sweat_smile:

So actualy you can run full valkyrie/cavalier, even full cleric if you're a troll, with rune of durability or rune of leadearship, tank a lot an deal lot of damage.

That's what I was thinking about, but you know...when you try to communicate with the enemy, or it start to insult you or it ignore you completly...so...here I am :+1:

In any case, that an important point in my idea and discussion about DH; because even run a DH with the same stats armor and runes, doesn't make it good as it can be right now confronted to Core Guardian, because you have to trade off an entire line of traits for..."nothing usefull to achive that result", why I need a longbow, traps and "physical" virtues when i can run Core Guardian...and DH is suppose to be our duellist spec...

That my point!

Talking for me, I'm running the "Reflect Burn" Firebrand build from METAbattlehttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Burn_Firebrandbecause I got that armor since PvE...but i'm building a Mistforged armor for the current META, then evolve into legendary...as I have said, I've not much time for play GW2, and I prefer a supportive role in WvW, meanwhile I'm farming the necessary items...anyway, In my team there were 2 Soulbeasts, 1 scourge and 1 Herald, no one survived.

It's a ZERG build that isn't even "meta" more than highly effective at huge numbers. To play META you need to understand the basics of what is happening.You get 5v1'd by a melee class while playing a reflect-based condi DPS made for zergs and you think the problem is BALANCE...

DH is a duellist spec, and sure it's not the best right now. But neither are your arguments.

Goodluck farming legendary armor in WvW. Anet is scamming you because all armor you mentioned is far more expensive and time consuming than anywhere else in the game. Funny how some of you will farm WvW for a full year as a part time job without learning the BASICS about the mode.

@Darter.7862 said:

@"Etheri.5406" said:

hear "Itry"...really, I do not have time to waste to read your craps; If you're fool or a troll, I cannot do much more for you. Those who had to answer me already did it with a lot of politeness and courtesy. But you're here doing those Wall of Text FOR WHAT !? To Troll? To Offend, to demonstrait I'm not a good player as I've allready told? You are continuing this masquerade because, you see, that you are a poor desperate looking for attention; what do you want me to say ... please, go back to the beach to play with the bucket and the shovel; you make a lot more beautiful figure

End for me.

Stop giving feedback about how the game should work / does work / doesn't work.Starting ASKING feedback about how YOU should play to avoid these situations.I'm not trolling. I just think almost everything you do makes little to no sense. Again, something that could be avoided by ASKING other players how and what you should do rather than telling us how it implies anything about X or Y class.

Archived