Thinking about coming back, want some info about the game

I played the game a while back, not thaat long of a time tho. (btw i have both expansions if that matters)

So i want to know how is the game population right now, if classes have better balance now, if it is worth coming back and all that stuff.

The main reason i think about coming back that is because is hard to find a decent mmorpg (only good ones are p2p), and at that time my pc wasnt so good and i couldnt maintain a 60fps really easy (even at lower settings) and new expansions map destroyed my fps, and i heard the game is VERY cpu intensive, my cpu right now is a ryzen 5 2600x, have 16gb ram, and gtx 1070 ti, so i should be able to keep 60fps really easy no ?

Now i rly need help with this one... The main reason i left was because once i got to lv 80 i was just extremely lost, and for some reason didnt have half the fun i had while leveling (i have actually leveled 2 characters to 80 and boosted another 2) mesmer lv80, necromancer lv80, thief lv80 and revenant lv80 (mesmer has the best gear of all 4)

So, should i come back ? or might just try to find another game and thats it ?

btw sorry idk how to format text in gw2 forum, it might look rly bad ;-;

Balance is a hot topic...imo in pvp and wvw it still isnt great.

Population is great. You see people on every map frequently.Your fps should be fine but dont worry aboit not getting 60fps all the time.

The game starts at lvl 80. You have to find a goal (ex: finish every raid, make legy wep, fashion war)

So in the end its all up to you , it doesnt hurt to try and see if you enjoy it again :)

@Sariel.2143 said:Balance is a hot topic...imo in pvp and wvw it still isnt great.

Population is great. You see people on every map frequently.Your fps should be fine but dont worry aboit not getting 60fps all the time.

The game starts at lvl 80. You have to find a goal (ex: finish every raid, make legy wep, fashion war)

So in the end its all up to you , it doesnt hurt to try and see if you enjoy it again :)

Hummm... might download it again just to check it again, and yeah i heard a lot of ppl saying the game starts at lv 80 and it seems kinda true there is a lot of cool stuff at lv 80.

I think the main reason i got bored was because i couldnt find class that i rly enjoyed to play that much

It's strange when people talk about needing high FPS. I run around 70-80 in an unpopulated area and can drop to 12-14 on a World Boss with all the skills blocking my view of it and have no issues, lol. Ping spikes are another story. Those have been happening more frequently. Normally @60 and spikes from 500-3k and random disconnect.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:It's strange when people talk about needing high FPS. I run around 70-80 in an unpopulated area and can drop to 12-14 on a World Boss with all the skills blocking my view of it and have no issues, lol. Ping spikes are another story. Those have been happening more frequently. Normally @60 and spikes from 500-3k and random disconnect.

Not everyone is the same my friend, you might have no issues with low fps but i do, and i absolutly hate it.

The way i think is "if my pc cant run it well, might just play a game that it runs perfect"

@Courvoisier.1268 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:It's strange when people talk about needing high FPS. I run around 70-80 in an unpopulated area and can drop to 12-14 on a World Boss with all the skills blocking my view of it and have no issues, lol. Ping spikes are another story. Those have been happening more frequently. Normally @60 and spikes from 500-3k and random disconnect.

Not everyone is the same my friend, you might have no issues with low fps but i do, and i absolutly hate it.

The way i think is "if my pc cant run it well, might just play a game that it runs perfect"

True but I built mine and it's about 3 years old and nothing top of the line except for the SSD I have the game on. Everything else is on a standard HD.

I'd definitely recommend you come back. GW2 is putting out high quality content with impressive frequency and each class has multiple ways it can be played and is at least viable in all game modes (some could argue that not all are optimal, and there will always be people complaining about balance, but I can rather confidently stand behind at least viable).

Good news for you! Mesmer is dominant right now. If that's your class with the best gear, I highly recommend you give it a new try. Not too long ago they did a revamp to how phantasms work and they have a very different feel to them that has made them more immediately impactful. I imagine that if you haven't played it since those changes, you'll be pleasantly surprised with how different the class feels and your new capabilities. You also mentioned you have a thief, and again you're in luck, they very recently revamped Deadeye. Even your necro has gotten some love with changes to wells and the blood traitline and some much needed buffs to power Reaper (one of my favorite elite specs, so much fun to play and for the first time in a long time has a good build in sPvP). So to summarize, if the problem was that you couldn't find a class to really get into and enjoy, you may find that recent balance changes have breathed new life into some of your favorites. If not that, maybe give a new class a try. It's a super alt friendly game. Hope to see you back in Tyria!

Archived