Can I still play? [Account possibly compromised - Already sent support ticket]

I believe my account was compromised because I saw two charges from Arenanet on my credit card which I never made. I changed my password and sent a customer support ticket. I haven't gotten an answer yet.

The point of this thread is NOT to discuss the support ticket or reach customer support as I've already reached out to them.

My big issue is I have a different amount of gold than I did yesterday and I don't know if I can actually play because of the amount change until the issue is solved or not. I want support to have accurate info, and I feel like if I collect something--like money from the TP--I won't get the issue resolved.

Does anyone know if it is safe to play even though my gold is about 100+ more than yesterday?

As much as it stings to do it, I would just not touch the account until you hear back from support. Or, at the very least, don't do anything important (ie. finish crafting a legendary or finish a big, long achievement). I say that because support might have to do a rollback on your account, which would mean that anything you've obtained since your account was compromised will be undone. That being said, your playing the game shouldn't interfere with support being able to see what needs to be seen.

Archived