[Suggestion] Guild Kite(s) - Re-introduce a new and improved Kite Maker

Vallune.8150

There have been requests before to make the Guild Kite obtainable once more within the game.(The "Kite Maker" NPC selling them disappeared from the game around the time of the Heart of Thorns release.)

With the inclusion of the Guild Kite as one of the items added to the Novelty wardrobe tab, this will once again become a common request.

Suggestion:

Add the Kite Maker NPC to Guild Halls - this could be either unlocked retroactively along with Guild Armorer to mimic the original requirements, or it could be added as a new unlock.

Keep the original Items Offered Tab allowing purchase of a Guild Kite by trading in a Sun, Wind or Lightning Kite plus some gold.

Add the facility to purchase an identical Guild Kite using Guild Commendations instead of the Sun, Wind or Lightning Kite.

Add new types of Guild Kites - Shimmering Guild Kite, Tenebrous Guild Kite and Obsidian Guild Kite immediately spring to mind, using amounts of the Guild Hall Ore Synthesizer bonus materials.

Bonus pie in the sky idea:Have the NPC sell a Back Item which acts as a kite mount. Activating a Kite (or Balloon) whilst wearing this item would place the item on your back instead of in your hand. This would allow you to use the kite or balloon and still display weapons and enter combat.

Absolutely, 100%. The Kite Maker, or a Kite Tab needs to be in the Guild Halls. Or even make it one of the items that gets rotated in the Commendation vendor.

In some shape or form this needs to be back in the game. Guildies have submitted countless tickets and reports over the years, with replies of confusion by support saying it was never removed and should be on the guild armorer, only to learn, yup, indeed removed from the game. Seems to have been an oversight, with original intent to add a tab to the guild armorer when HOT launched.

I feel bad for players like my wife, who were duped into buying festival kites in the past 2 years with intent to make a guild kite, only to find the option missing. Even more-so since shared slots, and now, the novelty tab, were added and make the multiple guild-kites I have obsolete, yet they can't be given away.

@"Axiom.9742" said:Guildies have submitted countless tickets and reports over the years, with replies of confusion by support saying it was never removed and should be on the guild armorer, only to learn, yup, indeed removed from the game. Seems to have been an oversight, with original intent to add a tab to the guild armorer when HOT launched.

I agree that it was probably an oversight, it never made any sense that the Kite Maker was removed from the game.

What I think happened:

• Team (A) working on cleaning up old maps in the game ready for HoT release : "Hey, we've got this Kite Maker guy here who sells kites showing the guild emblem. We're introducing Guild Halls , right? He should definitely be moved there instead."
  • A memo was sent to Team (B) who were creating all the stuff for the new Guild Halls, asking them to add the Kite Maker.
  • The intern who was running the memo to Team (B) paused on route to pet "those cute little pocket raptors."

Archived