Please help! My girlfriends account was suspended for no reason

My girlfriend and I started playing together a week or two ago and were enjoying it enough for her to decide to purchase both expansions. Upon doing so and making a new character with her additional character slot provided by the purchase, her account was suspended for no reason. The following error code was given: 45:6:3:2157 After looking it up, we found out that's the code given for unacceptable behavior. Seeing as she has not talked or interacted with any other players since starting the game, nor does she have any offensive character names that's hard to believe. She opened a ticket with customer service over 3 full days ago and hasn't received any actual response, just a full refund of the expansions which she did not ask for. Still no reason has been given for the suspension or any time frame for when it will be lifted if it will be lifted at all. She's already contacted her bank and they confirmed nothing weird is happening on their end, she also purchased the expansions through the link in game. So it wasn't a fraud issue.

Overall this has been a very irritating experience for both of us seeing as we both have limited free time and have wanted to play the game together for 3 full days, and have no idea if the issue will ever be resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All you can do is hash it out with support. If they've issued a refund already though, it's a safe bet the account is gone and you'll need to buy it anew. I mean at least you didn't lose much more than a week or so of progress. I'd be crushed if it was an older account. I couldn't play anymore.

But since it was relatively new account, you can easily catch her back up. Sorry you're dealing with issues.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015910888-Error-Code-45

That particular error code doesn't specifically mean "unacceptable behavior." It only means that the account has been suspended. She'll have to wait until support gets to her ticket to find out the reason for the suspension. Support is still recovering from a huge backlog of tickets, so it could be a week or so before she hears back.

Archived