[BUG] Getting kicked out of Beastmode (NOT related to mounting or entering/leaving water)

I'm in dredgehaunt cliffs, there are multiple players as there is currently a daily associated with this map, and I keep getting kicked out of beast mode seconds after I enter it

• Not mounting
  • Not entering/leaving water
  • Not even in combat
  • Not using skills

Keeps happening, even when I'm gliding (unmeld is not even accessible when gliding)

• Seems to happen only in dredgehount cliffs for now, testing in other maps
  • Switched around traits, trait lines, weapons, skills, pets to make sure it wasn't tied to those I had equipped

Seems to happen near

• DOCIU WAYPOINT [&BFgCAAA=] when heading south (could successfully reproduce it everytime)
  • Between WYRMBLOOD WAYPOINT [&BGUCAAA=] and TRAVELEN'S WAYPOINT [&BGQCAAA=] (could successfully reproducce it everytime)
  • STEELBRACHEN WAYPOINT [&BFsCAAA=] when headed south or approaching the WP from south tooI'm thinking it's caused by some map-loading stuff?

Myself and someone else noticed this as well, they had made a post about it a couple of days ago but but I was the only one to respond so far. He or she believes that this is only occurring in lower level zones. I have not been able to confirm this yet myself as I've not spent a worthy amount of time outside of Queensdale since unlocking Soulbeast. I DID spend about 15 minutes in Verdant Brink last night, not once did I get knocked out of Beastmode, but I wasn't in it non-stop due to the amount of mounting and dying I was doing, so I don't know if that was a good test or not, I will try to perform a series of experiments tonight though to see if I can confirm this one way or the other. (But it would be awesome if more players noticed this and tested this as well.)

So far for me, it does not matter exactly where I am within a zone (aka the one zone I've really been in on my ranger), as it's happening all too frequently and has happened everywhere within the zone. I've tried various terrain tests, mob tests, movement tests, keybindings, talent choices, pets, and any combination of all of those things, just happens...period.

If I spend even half that much time in Queensdale, Beastmode disables itself at least two dozen times in the first 5 minutes. So this very well may be something worth looking into perhaps. But as the other poster had mentioned, if this is true and it happens only in lower level zones, then most players will not noticed it >until< after they've had their fill of PoF content and go back to Central Tyria content, at which point a lot of players will start seeing it, and reporting it.

I noticed that you get knocked out of beastmode if you get hit by one of those crystals that freeze you in place. I suspect the ones in the stuff that freezes you in the bitterfrost frontier will have the same effect but i havent tested that yet. Pretty sure nearly anything that swaps out or locks your skill bar will also knock you out of beastmode.

I've figured it out!!! Don't know how I didn't see this before, but I see it now!!!!

Whenever you are in a lower level zone, lower level as in anything less than 80, when your "effective level" changes UP or DOWN as you move through the zone, Beastmode will disable itself automatically.

Why it's only happening in lower zones is because your level dynamically changes as you leave & enter various subzones within a zone, and on a higher level map... you're always 80.

Test: Go to a lower level zone, open your character/hero window and move it just off the edge of your screen to the left, so you can see the "effective level" in the right-upper area of that window, then go for a run/ride through the zone making sure to keep an eye on your "effective level". When you see it change, STOP, turn around, turn on Beastmode, and walk back the way you came until you see your level change back... BM will disable itself. Rinse and repeat until you're satisfied. :)

Archived