[BUG] Mournstone trinkets have no upgrade slot

The mournstone trinkets (having the new "grieving" 4-stat combo) sold by the Primeval Steward in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings in the Desert Highlands map do not have upgrade slots for jewels. They are of exotic rarity and have the same stat number distributions as other 4-stat combinations (e.g. 64/64/35/35 on earrings) but cannot have jewels slotted into them.

Is it possible this is happening only for me? The wiki says they are indeed supposed to have upgrade slots and the stat loss if they don't is substantial, though I know how sketchy information can be so soon after an expansion.

I have noticed this as well. There is no upgrade slot what-so-ever on the exotic jewellery sold by the merchant in the Tomb of Primeval Kings. This means that even if the upgrade components were "sold separately" (ie you had to buy both the trinket and the upgrade and combine them yourself) it would be impossible due to having no upgrade slot to put them in. Not to mention the grieving stats upgrade component (mournstone jewel) is not available for purchase at the merchant (or crafting from what I can tell) regardless.

Anet please fix this, as this is an enormous stat loss when calculated across all trinkets for those who are going for a grieving gear build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had hoped the patch yesterday would resolve this. I noticed the icons changed for these trinkets but they still don't have upgrade slots.

The support ticket I opened a couple weeks ago was replied to previously and they said it was a known issue, so I assume the fix is incoming just wish it was on this balance patch.

Primeval Steward vendor is now back, and the mournstone trinkets now have proper upgrade slots!

But.... only the new accessories purchased from the steward actually come with upgrades. The accessories I purchased a few days after PoF launch do not contain upgrades. So those of us who lucked out will either have to purchase the mournstone recipe and craft them (over 2g apiece) to slot into the accessories, or slot in something else entirely.

I was hoping for a vendor window where you could exchange the "unused upgrade slot" versions of the accessories for the new, fixed, version. Oh well. :(

Archived