Returning player need guidances please.

Duzze.4068

So i played this game maybe a year ago could be less. I am currently level 61 and am completely lost on what to do anx my build. I remember back then i was told two hand sword and the second is scepter and shield. I remember having to switch back and forth alot in combat and the two stat on my gear so car is precision and ferocity.

However with as lost as i am should i just level boost to 80? Since they got a tutorial guide and give me a set of gear.

Or should i stick it out? I dont even remember which skill set is trees i took. Is there a cookie cutter guide i can look at somewhere that show me the basics. Star priority and best weapon to use?

Also i saw some people with glowy hammer and sword. Is thatall endgame stuff?

@"Duzze.4068" said:So i played this game maybe a year ago could be less. I am currently level 61 and am completely lost on what to do anx my build. I remember back then i was told two hand sword and the second is scepter and shield. I remember having to switch back and forth alot in combat and the two stat on my gear so car is precision and ferocity.

However with as lost as i am should i just level boost to 80? Since they got a tutorial guide and give me a set of gear.

Or should i stick it out? I dont even remember which skill set is trees i took. Is there a cookie cutter guide i can look at somewhere that show me the basics. Star priority and best weapon to use?

Also i saw some people with glowy hammer and sword. Is thatall endgame stuff?

I am unsure which class you are playing, but I will go on an a hunch that it is guardian based on the weapon combination you mentioned.

Generally there multiple gear stats in the game, which for a new player can be very confusing. I will summarize major ones (there is more though):

Power: increases your direct damage.Precision: increases your critical hit change.Ferocity: increases your critical hit damage.Condition: increases the damage by conditions. Which is damage over time. If you are guardian, that will primarily be from burning condition.Hit point: self explanatory, increases your maximum hit points.Toughness: increases your armor; decreases the damage you receive per hit.Healing: increase the healing by all healing skills.

As a general rule of thumb, you do not want any toughness or healing in your gear while leveling, and honestly, anywhere unless you are playing as support in a raid or PvP. I would recommend against condition damage as well. Power works better for leveling. You want use power, precision and ferocity. Add hit points if you feel you need more survive-ability.

For guardian, the recommended setup for power build is great sword / scepter and focus. You can use sword as well. I highly recommend against anything else. If you are not a guardian, stick to power based weapons. Anything that is focused on conditions while leveling, as I mentioned previously, not recommended.

If this is your first character, I would recommend against instantly leveling to 80. Leveling is a good learning experience. And also, since you are already at level 61, you do not have much further to go.

Best way to level first time is through story. You get rewarded with gear that can help you level, more than just doing random stuff.

Metabattle website has breakdown of best builds for solo and group PvE. Honestly, exploration in a new game is most of the fun. I would recommend going on your own and exploring skills and maps versus being spoon fed what is "meta" from a website, which may or may not click with you as a new player.

My first leveling experience, I played mesmer till level 30, then decided to level elemntalist, which I leveled to around the same range. I then tried warrior then thief. I decided to go back to mesmer cuz the animations and style where unique. If you feel the class you are playing is no fun, feel free to experiment. One of the man things I like about GW2, is that the classes are so diverse, that play so different from each other. More so than any other MMO and most RPGs I played.

Archived