guardian tome's

yoeri.9275

I have a question for the staff of GW2 ballance team.Is it posseble to make the support tome's apply for 10 people insted of 5.This will make the support guardian mutch more viable in Raids, as wel as the dps guardian.Tome of Resolve skill 5 is a great heal boost for the team.But i don't get why it is only for 5 people.This does not matter in fractels and dungeons where only 5 people can enter, but for raids where 10 people enter, it has only use for half the team.Wich is why i ask, if it is posseble to apply it for 10 people.This allows guardian to provide more support for the raid team.I am not asking for a full re-work on all support skills.Just the F2 and F3 tome's from the firebrand elite specialzation.I thank the staff if they looked at this post, and spimply think about, if it is posseble to make this change to the firebrand.I am not asking for more than that.

Yoeri.9275

And so it begins...... the path of "more is better" approach to fixing the problem of other classes already having too much stuff. can it be done? yes. Should it be done? Not when the ability to substantially compress roles is whats eeking out entire classes and alternative builds from party comps, and further exacerbating the fact we already have too many DPS slots in a Raid fight.

Not to mention raising the cap has a significant knock-on effect in WvW. With FB already being on the high end of Support power, doubling their target cap can tip them over the edge against Scourge (the only thing that still threatens them after Spell Breaker lost some of its power).

The whole fact they've been raising other skills to a 10 cap, just to get other classes even remotely competitive against Chrono, says a huge amount about Encounter Balance and Chrono's ability to break the whole setup. They'd have to dismantle Chrono to fix this.... but in doing so, it just paves the way for the next overly compressed build to fill the void. So when you stop and think about the consequences, just upping the cap on everything is just adding more power creep, while doing nothing to really resolve the problem of how Quickness/Alacrity is the Lynch pin of the support comps.

Archived