Chat Input Lag

Issue: When typing in the chat box there is approximately a half second of lag time between hitting keys and the client responding.

Relevant information:

1. This problem is localized to the chat window. Inputs in other parts of the client are crisp.
  2. I have a tested this on my main keyboard a FILCO as well as additional Logitech G15. The problem persists with both keyboards. Both are wired.
  3. I have never experienced this issue in other applications.
  4. This problem has been persistent since I installed the game a few months ago.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,I'm having the same issue for a few months now... there's huge lag in the chat window only.. no other problems anywhere else or in any other app.Been happening with 3 keyboards and it's kind of driving me crazy. At times it gets worse since I type fast, flooding the chat box and making the delay even higher.
Have you found out anything?

I'm not sure if this is part of the same issue, but sometimes when I click on someone's name to whisper them, the purple whisper box will only appear one to five minutes later

And a few days ago, when I was whispering someone, I would type something and press return, and the text box would clear, but what I wrote would only appear a minute or two later

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I don't think I've seen this particular issue in elsewhere. Did either of you reach out to Technical Support about this? It's an interesting (though I'm sure frustrating!) situation, and I'd like to know if you were able to resolve it with help from TS.

In all honesty, I have not. I just imagined it was somehow the fact that I'm using a USB keyboard with my laptop, or that if it's a game-related problem, an update would fix it. I've also not been playing, only occasionally logging in, and having no one to type to, it didn't bother me much/ I ignored it.Alas, I have returned and I can say it's a problem.I'll check with TS as soon as I get the chance/ time.Thanks :)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I don't think I've seen this particular issue in elsewhere. Did either of you reach out to Technical Support about this? It's an interesting (though I'm sure frustrating!) situation, and I'd like to know if you were able to resolve it with help from TS.

I did contact TS. For a while the solutions offered seemed to improve the situation, but the problem persists. It does make using text chat very frustrating, and nearly useless in time sensitive situations. It is my only real complaint for a game that I otherwise love.

Archived