[BUG] Thief Skills (Steal/Heartseeker/Vault)

Skill Name: Steal

Skill Range: 1200

Steal always forced to cooldown 5 seconds while enemy moving out of 1200 range.

As an instant skill with zero casting time, it should either shadowstep to the target or display "Out of range" and unable to activate instead of cooldown 5 seconds.

Skill Name: Heartseeker

Skill Range: 450

Compared to other leap skills, Heartseeker always deal no damage while enemy moving

Skill Name: Vault

Skill Range: 600

The actual skill range of Vault is much lower than the description, its maximum effective attack distance can only reach 450 range, we can see that from the above video, it causes damage to the moving "Target Golem - Heavy" which is far away from the green circle of ground targeting, therefore the effective distance of Vault obviously is a bug.

Besides above mentioned bugs of thief class, there're lot of unsolved bugs from different classes which reported since some months ago, please refer to ticket ID: 7050177

Did you try other common leap skills and look clearly on the video?

Guardian: Leap of Faith

Warrior: Savage Leap, Aura Slicer, Breaching Strike

Ranger: Swoop

Engineer: Radiant Arc, Holo Leap

and lot of other reliable leap skills to deal damage on moving target.

Apart from serious ping issue, those skills are guaranteed to hit on moving target in their skill distance.

they leap longer then the heartseeker tho so if your enemy is abit away and can run the extra distance to place them att 500-600 away from were you started your leap you wont hit with a 450 leapEditIf you would have started attacking straight away instead of waiting a second you would have hit no problem mate.

@"Linken.6345" said:they leap longer then the heartseeker tho so if your enemy is abit away and can run the extra distance to place them att 500-600 away from were you started your leap you wont hit with a 450 leapEditIf you would have started attacking straight away instead of waiting a second you would have hit no problem mate.

I didn't "waiting a second" in the above test video, it's Heartseeker long press (holding the skill button), thus the next Heartseeker will be activated instantly after completed animation/action of previous Heartseeker.

Furthermore, the test target didn't move away from 450 range in above video, please try any travel skill with "Range: 450" to compare the travel distance with above video.

There're 6 times of Heartseeker test (from full initiative) in above video, please look clearly on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Heartseeker, it only traveled 100~150 range and didn't success to attack the moving target.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Submitted multiple tickets about unsolved bugs of different classes, but all of them had been ignored for 3 months or above.

As GM told me that,

" We're going to go ahead and continue investigating this issue, though we currently do not have an ETA on a solution. Be sure to keep your eyes on the tracker and any upcoming patch notes for hotfixes! "

I had kept my eyes on Known Issue Tracker and every patch note, but there's nothing change of any bug which I had reported since 3 months ago until now.

Archived