Always show squad health bars: Whats the point?

As far as I can tell, the "Always show squad healthbars" option is simply there to make your allies (limited to 50 people in squad) healthbar more visible (also you can see it through walls and such) should you deem it helpful for whatever reason.

If only having enhanced healthbars on your party/subgroup is what you're after, this can be achieved by turning off the "Show all" and then check just the one for your party.

If this is what you refer to that isn't possible, a screenshot of the checkboxes would be very helpful in determining the issue. Make sure you haven't checked the box for "Disable PvP Team Healthbars" in the category below, and if possible uncheck the squad healthbars before checking the box for party only.

@"rng.1024" said:As far as I can tell, the "Always show squad healthbars" option is simply there to make your allies (limited to 50 people in squad) healthbar more visible (also you can see it through walls and such) should you deem it helpful for whatever reason.

If only having enhanced healthbars on your party/subgroup is what you're after, this can be achieved by turning off the "Show all" and then check just the one for your party.

If this is what you refer to that isn't possible, a screenshot of the checkboxes would be very helpful in determining the issue. Make sure you haven't checked the box for "Disable PvP Team Healthbars" in the category below, and if possible uncheck the squad healthbars before checking the box for party only.

I dont wanna see ANY floating health bars except the ones for my party.

This suggests to me a PvE or WvW environment, as you cannot remove the healthbars of targeted enemies. You might want to look at the setting "WvW simple name plates" and set it to everyone, not sure if it will remove the bar as well. I'm also pretty sure it's the fact that you are in the squad/party that makes them constantly visible in the first place, ans sadly there's no option for that except form a standalone party instead of being in a squad subgroup - but that's exactly what thick healthbars are for, to distinguish your group from the rest.

@"rng.1024" said:This suggests to me a PvE or WvW environment, as you cannot remove the healthbars of targeted enemies. You might want to look at the setting "WvW simple name plates" and set it to everyone, not sure if it will remove the bar as well. I'm also pretty sure it's the fact that you are in the squad/party that makes them constantly visible in the first place, ans sadly there's no option for that except form a standalone party instead of being in a squad subgroup - but that's exactly what thick healthbars are for, to distinguish your group from the rest.

Yea thats my point. WHy arent health bars invisible by default and then two options to show them. One for party noly and one for squad only.Rly weird

Archived