No sound during game [Resolved]

Alik.9651

Hi All,

After recent update, I have face a problem that when I play music with foobar2K with the output using WASAPI (no matter push or event). GW2 got silent, it wasn't showing mute but no sound.I have to stop playing music, then re-start GW2 / change the audio device in GW2 setting to fix it.

It happened only when I play the music (even the music is paused), no matter I start GW2 first, or play the music first.But if I just have the foobar2K running and not playing any music, it will be fine.

Any others have the same issue? Is there a fix (except not using WASAPI)?

Edit: Seems it is the native setting of WASAPI, as it let application takes exclusive control and mute all other sources. The only "fix" is that not using WASAPI ...

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:Your edit says it all. Why requiring that in first case, if I may ask?

becoz I have used WASAPI for long and don't have this issue.It happened after both my Windows update (Win 10 v1809 ...) and game update.So as first, I thought is there something broken or what.Then I do some google start from Win > GW2 > foobar, lastly WASAPI ...Then I finally found that is the native setting of WASAPI, but I don't know I can have my GW2 + music before

Archived