Highest possible Backstab

StabbersTheThird.6053

In PvE, WvW, and Spvp. I feel like we need to figure this out now that runes and sigils have changed yet again.

I currently run DE Thief with DA/CS (standard Mug, Reveal=Power, Executioner, More Crit Damage, More Crit Damage, Always crit from stealth) and then DE has the Seven pip trait. Is that right, or is there a higher build? I know we pop Assassin's Signet, but what else do I pop? Basi Venom prob?

Anyone have numbers or ideas?

Scholar rune is the best when it comes to first hit. However, Executioner does nothing on the first hit same as M7. So, DA is not a good pick for Scholar rune.

IMO, stacking Lead Attacks (Trickery) synergies well with stacking Malice as a setup for the best Backstab, and the new Scholar works well even if you're below 90% health.

MBS or just BS?

For MBS:

• CS, TR and DE trait lines. Use everything that raises damage, grants malice, damage modifiers, etc.
  • Berserk gear.
  • Schoolar Runes
  • You can use rifle as secondary set. Stack Fury and Might. Spam initiative for M7 and Lead Attacks.
  • 25 stacks of bloodlust on secondary weapon. You can also have a Sigil to stack might faster.
  • Change to D/P set, pop "Binding Shadow" and "Assassin Signet". Sigils must be Force, or Night + Superior Sigil of Impact.
  • Hit.... and pray for RNG for a crit.

For BSSame thing pretty much, you can either use Core Thief (DA, CS and TR) or Daredevil (CS, TR, DD).Pop Assassin Signet and to get the Impact bonus use Basilisk Venon. Steal + BS will also work since you can BS on the Steal stun.If daredevil, pop Bound.

I think that's it as far as thief burst goes, am I missing anything?

Here is a video from a guy that posted around here sometime ago. This is entertaining to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sKXTzwohrA

Most satisfying gameplay ever. Also, this is now my theme song. The link is AC/DC Thunderstruck if you are link shy.

For the build, it looks like D/D and Staff is the way to go in Spvp. Team rages on cap/decap but I usually respond with "You're a Mirage, ain't ya?" Only thing I can't instakill is core guard. Which seems natural considering the Aegis. Been doing Assassin's into Haste/Steal with spam staff 2. Thanks for the video inspiration mate. Turns out MBS is unnecessarily difficult compared to just doing the standard D5/F1->Signet->D1 with DD. Does this kind of thing work in wvw too?

Archived