Armor Stats for Condi Builds

Dace.8173

I've been working on a condi Weaver build (Fire and Water focus because I just can't give up on Chill and Ice effects) and I'm curious what stats set would be good? I have a set of armor that lets me pick the stats I want for it and so I'm wondering what might be good. I use the build in PvP and WvW, though for PvP it doesn't actually matter the stats. So what stats might be good to work with? I was originally thinking along the lines of Sinister, Viper, or Grieving. But then thought I might also be good to toss in a piece or two with Vitality so maybe Carrion or Trailblazer's?

So far as I can guess Marshal must be good for WvW . Osicat have a facetank ele running marshal iirc that aggro main crowd of ~20 ppl (ofc less) and Osi slowly killing them 1 by 1 :' )IIrc weaver get bonus vitality from power and condi damage . You shouldnt be that low on HP . May be would need a bit toughness on rings . Not sure about it, dont main ele :P

You'll need a lot more vitality when it comes to wvw. All 3 sets you mentioned are almost worthless on their own (or at all). Considering that only melee ele builds have some condi pressure, you'll need a lot more defense. I'd suggest mixing dire with some condi/heal focused trinkets. Runes of balth would probably be the best choice. Dont bother too much with condi duration gear.

@steki.1478 said:You'll need a lot more vitality when it comes to wvw. All 3 sets you mentioned are almost worthless on their own (or at all). Considering that only melee ele builds have some condi pressure, you'll need a lot more defense. I'd suggest mixing dire with some condi/heal focused trinkets. Runes of balth would probably be the best choice. Dont bother too much with condi duration gear.

Would Trailblazer's work better than just Dire alone? I'll keep a mind on the trinkets. I already have two Celestial rings.

@Dace.8173 said:

@steki.1478 said:You'll need a lot more vitality when it comes to wvw. All 3 sets you mentioned are almost worthless on their own (or at all). Considering that only melee ele builds have some condi pressure, you'll need a lot more defense. I'd suggest mixing dire with some condi/heal focused trinkets. Runes of balth would probably be the best choice. Dont bother too much with condi duration gear.

Would Trailblazer's work better than just Dire alone? I'll keep a mind on the trinkets. I already have two Celestial rings.

No because your main condies will be burning (which you already improve with balth runes) and maybe chill. As I said, condi duration is pointless.

@steki.1478 said:

No because your main condies will be burning (which you already improve with balth runes) and maybe chill. As I said, condi duration is pointless.

You're right, I hadn't noticed the Expertise.

Archived