New lvl80 necro, how to proceed

Sleipnir.5490

Hello, im a newish player in the game, after getting the 2 expansions, and boost my Necro to lvl80 i got the exotic gear that comes with it.The rabid set looks kinda all over the place, so i dont really know how should i proceed. Should I buy a new exotic set? Should i start crafting ascended gear? I currently have 115 gold.So can you help me decide what route to go? I want a overall build for noobs, good for dungeons, fractals, open world. And for making gold what maps should i do?(I have a full exotic berserker lvl80 warrior, and a 45 alt that i can lvl a little bit more)Thank you :)!

The first thing you should do with your necromancer is to make a new one. I don't care if you have to play until level 80, it's a far better way to learn the game rather than just skipping content.

As for ascended gear, it depends on whether or not you're planning on doing high level fractals and raids or just maxing out in general. If the answer is yes, then I'd recommend you use gw2crafts.net to maximize your crafting disciplines. Keep in mind, this site is used mostly for leveling up the crafting disciplines and the only way to craft ascended gear is by maxing out the disciplines.

I recommend you have 2 disciplines at most per profession, with the optional 3rd discipline which is cooking. Necromancer is a scholar or a light armor profession, so tailoring is the go to discipline for crafting light armor. The more difficult choice is choosing the weapon crafting discipline. This is where I'd recommend you check snowcrows.com. This is where you can choose from a selection of builds and see which weapon discipline is required for that specific weapon set in that build.

Any build is viable especially in open world, but the build I'd recommend you play for necromancer is reaper. It's a power focused build that is lots of fun and can kill mobs quickly. Condition builds like core necromancer and scourge aren't bad, but high power damage is more effective for necromancer in open world. Those same builds can work in dungeons as well, so experiment a little bit. As you level up, check every single specialization and see what you can come up with. Also, don't worry about spending hero points, you'll have plenty for unlocking the core specializations just by leveling up and map completion will grant you more than enough hero points for the elite specializations.

1. go do fist chapter of HoT get glider
  2. do first chapter of PoF get raptor
  3. Get elits such reaper and scourge unlocked

Rabid should keep you going for T1 fractals and open world for now. I would just change that Necro runes to UndeadSaying this for you to don't get killed on every corner of HoT and PoF on new for you profession.By the time you get all this done you will have a bit of idea what you going to do and what need.

Archived