How much longer for Swiss and Alliances?

sephiroth.4217

@sephiroth.4217 said:How much longer will Swiss and Alliances be?

I see beetle races and all sorts of development going on but its been a year of waiting on swiss and alliances.

Why would you imagine that it's remotely comparable to set up Beetle Races, which are non-competetive and use the existing adventure system to completely overhauling how WvW teams are formed?

I don't blame you for wanting an update. I think ANet shoots itself in the foot by making these sweeping announcements and then not offering regular status updates, even once a quarter. But it wouldn't change the fact that disruptive changes take longer, especially anything affecting shards, networking, large scale matches, competition, and rewards.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:How much longer will Swiss and Alliances be?

I see beetle races and all sorts of development going on but its been a year of waiting on swiss and alliances.

Why would you imagine that it's remotely comparable to set up Beetle Races, which are non-competetive and use the existing adventure system to completely overhauling how WvW teams are formed?

I don't blame you for wanting an update. I think ANet shoots itself in the foot by making these sweeping announcements and then not offering regular status updates, even once a quarter. But it wouldn't change the fact that disruptive changes take longer, especially anything affecting shards, networking, large scale matches, competition, and rewards.

If the same effort was put into Swiss and Alliances it would have been done months ago so I'll re-install this game at a later date when they have been updated. (most likely later this week actually, but who knows, 6 yrs and this is the first time ive uninstalled)

This game just isn't for me anymore at this stage... There used to be a time where I could queue up with friends and guildies for fun and rewards at my own discretion but the format was changed into a time slot format being AT's that simply don't fit into my daily life schedule of work and family, so I'll return once that's an option again, wether it be Swiss, more frequent AT's that can be run any time of the day or simply by putting team queue back the way it used to be, or better yet, take my suggestion about half the PIP gain for unranked during seasons where there is a 5 man queue allowed.

I feel like a moron for hanging out this long to be honest but it is what it is, a PvP fanatic hoping for the best in a PvE centric focused game, I might aswell ask Mcdonalds to make me a pizza and sit there until they do.

Archived